IRS Tax documents

Discussion about topics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.
Forum rules
Links in initial topics in all Prohashing forums may only reference sites featuring two or more products or services.
boxer252006

IRS Tax documents

Post by boxer252006 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I’m just wondering about the IRS docs I had to fill out. I’m a Canadian so does this mean my earnings are reported to the IRS and then the IRS reports then to the CRA here in Canada?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: IRS Tax documents

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:32 am

boxer252006 wrote:I’m just wondering about the IRS docs I had to fill out. I’m a Canadian so does this mean my earnings are reported to the IRS and then the IRS reports then to the CRA here in Canada?
No. As the documentation states, many non-citizens who don't visit the United States and don't have miners in the United States fill out form W8-BEN. The law states that we need to store these forms, which we do in a safe. Because the law doesn't mandate that we submit the documents to anyone, we do not submit them. When you submit a W8-BEN form to us, that excludes you from the standard 1099-MISC process, you will not receive any paperwork in the mail. It will be up to you to determine if you owe taxes, and if so, to which countries or agencies you owe them.