Comcast connectivity issue identified

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Comcast connectivity issue identified

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Chris is currently on the phone with Comcast Enterprise Support to troubleshoot an issue with their network. It seems that packets to servers outside the United States are getting lost. He'll post an update as soon as he knows more.
dohckiller10

Re: Comcast connectivity issue identified

Post by dohckiller10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 pm

everything is back to normal now, thanks for the fast work out there.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Comcast connectivity issue identified

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:05 am

Yeah, Comcast seems to have fixed the issue and everything is back online.

We pay for enterprise service, and it's amazing how much easier it is to work with their enterprise support is compared to their "business" support. With their "business" support, it would have taken a hour just to get to past their standard "is your router plugged in" steps. With enterprise support, I told them I had a network issue and they immediately connected me with an experienced network technician. He ran traceroutes and within 5 minutes the issue was diagnosed and elevated to a senior network engineer at a central office.