Prohashing with Non-ASICs?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
premoguy

Prohashing with Non-ASICs?

Post by premoguy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Forgive me if the answer is obvious, I have searched the forums and help pages for answers and came up with nothing.

Is there a way to use prohashing with windows miners like AIOMiner or PhoenixMiner? Setting it up, it looks like it should work. When I go to connect I can ping the destination fine but I'm stuck at "Waiting for job" messages nonstop and nothing ever pops up on my Earnings page. Is there a way to do this?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Prohashing with Non-ASICs?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 pm

premoguy wrote:Forgive me if the answer is obvious, I have searched the forums and help pages for answers and came up with nothing.

Is there a way to use prohashing with windows miners like AIOMiner or PhoenixMiner? Setting it up, it looks like it should work. When I go to connect I can ping the destination fine but I'm stuck at "Waiting for job" messages nonstop and nothing ever pops up on my Earnings page. Is there a way to do this?
Which algorithm are you trying to mine?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 pm

take a few minutes and review the help page, and familiarize yourself with how prohashing handles logging in miners, they operate completely different to traditional mining pools. focus your reading on password arguments, as this is the most important part of connecting and hashing properly for you to receive an income.

https://prohashing.com/help.html
premoguy

Post by premoguy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm using Ethash, but I'd be open to using a different algorithm if one is more suited to GPU mining and prohashing
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:36 pm

premoguy wrote:I'm using Ethash, but I'd be open to using a different algorithm if one is more suited to GPU mining and prohashing
ethash or cryptonightv8 are the most profitable options for gpu
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm not familiar with these miners. However, the Claymore ETH miner has been tested to work with ethash, if that's the algorithm you choose to mine. Have you tried that program?
keksik

Post by keksik » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:20 am

for Ethash im using claymore and for CN V8 SRBminer, xmrstack works good too.