Status as of Sunday, November 4, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, November 4, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:20 am

Good morning!
  • I'm continuing to focus on stability and reliability, while Vance is working on Monero issues and Constance is moving forward with grouping of miners. There apparently still remain a few CryptonightV8 issues that Vance hopes to resolve tomorrow. I'm going to focus time early next week on a complete review of the documentation, to fix grammatical errors and to update outdated information.
  • Last week, ZCash and a few other coins hard forked to a new "Sapling" protocol, which required mining server changes. We had to disable the coins while we worked on the upgrades, reducing profitability for equihash. Chris was successfully able to release the changes to support these coins, and equihash profitability should now return to normal.
  • There are now 11,000 messages for users indicating the balances for which we are not liable. This should greatly simplify customers' understanding of this policy. If there is a red border around a coin on the "Earnings" page, that means there is an error on that coin, and the error text may indicate that the balance has reached end of liability. These errors are usually caused by not submitting required forms after the limit is reached, or by not providing a payout address. These boxes should be treated as a serious issue because this money is no longer a debt to you and we are only offering payouts as a courtesy if we can.
  • Later in the week, I plan to focus on closing almost all of the support tickets. There are some tickets that have been outstanding for a long time. The number of all-time tickets open is now down from 90 yesterday to 66 right now. A value of around 40 would represent complete resolution of all outstanding long-term issues.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Status as of Sunday, November 4, 2018

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am

Will there be credits issued for cnv8 bugs causing loss of income? I for example am remote from my rig and can't turn it off.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:53 am

I would guess you have no way to verify how much hash we are pointing at the server to give us credit for our hashrates once the programs blow up and stop working. I ran just 1 card on CN8 last night, and it died after just 80 good confirms...BUT the error spot happened just as it got a new work information sent to it. Until it's all fixed, CN8 needs to be labeled as experimental or beta...or credits need to be applied when we run it, it works fine, and then dies overnight and keeps running in error mode.

While you are updating the definitions and documentation, can you add some footnotes or rename the LIVE COIN STATUS on the main charts page, and change the documentation that calls it live updated feed. I understand the LIVE PROFITABILITY at the top of the charts page and at the top of the forums pages are live readouts. But the LIVE COIN STATUS that the cherry-picking bots are using are over 2 minutes old and NOT updated in real time. Coins are being found all over in 30s, yet all the LIVE COIN STATUS say it's been over 2 mins since the last time they were found. Documentation should reflect the delay so miners aren't misled.

Maybe if they understood that the numbers they are basing their profits on are old, in the past, not the values they will get for hopping from top coin to top coin, they will move to autopool and increase their profits or at the very least earn what they think they are earning by using old data.

I understand the delay was put in to safeguard the pools data from being used by other pool operators on their own pools and botted programs, but miners use those numbers also manually and should be notified they are looking at outdated information so they don't base their decisions on it.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:14 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:Will there be credits issued for cnv8 bugs causing loss of income? I for example am remote from my rig and can't turn it off.
No, but Vance may have the issue resolved today.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:Will there be credits issued for cnv8 bugs causing loss of income? I for example am remote from my rig and can't turn it off.
sounds good,

in regards to equihash, why are half the coins always in error? BCI,VOTE,HUSH, and MARKS
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:45 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
sounds good,

in regards to equihash, why are half the coins always in error? BCI,VOTE,HUSH, and MARKS
Vance just resolved the issue and Chris released the changes. Try mining now!

You'll have to look at the "live coin status" to see why they are in error. The most likely cause is usually that exchanges have their wallets locked. A market with a "locked wallet" is essentially performing paper trading. We have code to detect when wallets lock immediately and disable that exchange for trading. If that happens on all exchanges, then the coin goes into error.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
sounds good,

You'll have to look at the "live coin status" to see why they are in error. The most likely cause is usually that exchanges have their wallets locked. A market with a "locked wallet" is essentially performing paper trading. We have code to detect when wallets lock immediately and disable that exchange for trading. If that happens on all exchanges, then the coin goes into error.
thanks for clarifying, i dont think ive ever seen bitmark ("Unable to obtain the latest block from the daemon.") or bitcoin interest available to mine. vote goes into error fairly regularly, same with hush, but if thats out of your control, all good. another thing i was thinking about, is it possible to merge CNv7 and CNv8 mining, since mining software supports multiple?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
sounds good,

another thing i was thinking about, is it possible to merge CNv7 and CNv8 mining, since mining software supports multiple?