Status as of Sunday, October 11

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, October 11

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:23 am

Good morning! Here's a status update for today:
  • Last week, we had a period of time where the database got behind for an unknown reason. Chris thought that a rollback had happened, but the problem continued for more than a day after the failed transaction. Unfortunately, we can't do much about this issue at present because we are waiting for Postgres 9.5, with the INSERT.. ON CONFLICT statement, to become available. Once 9.5 is available, we should be able to multithread this issue very easily and put an end to it.
  • We were trying to delete rows from the block explorer for the three coins that were discontinued last week. We'll be doing the same this week, for coins that changed their algorithms away from scrypt. We think we have a way to prevent the issue from recurring.
  • coinaday pointed exchange Cryptopia out to us. Chris had visited Cryptopia a while ago, but they had no private API, so we ignored them. Now, an API is available, so I implemented it and it is in testing with Chris. We should be able to trade with Cryptopia shortly.
  • I'll be working on multiple algorithms today. I expect that about 20 more weekend days will be required to complete multiple algorithms. Keep in mind that the holidays are approaching, which will give me an additional 15 days of vacation time to work on this project. Our biggest issue with multiple algorithms will likely not be finishing the code, it will be deciding whether the profit potential with these other algorithms is large enough to pay for more servers, should we discover that more servers are necessary after the code is running.
  • Chris started the Prohashing Blog, which will be written every other day starting today. The goal of the blog, besides providing interesting content for everyone to read, is to generate G+1s. I was surprised to learn that G+1s and Facebook likes are more important for search engine indexing than links are. I've always focused on links, but I guess that changed recently.
Since we are back to moving along with multiple algorithms, the job to modify sgminer is posted again at http://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=508. This is a simple job and we need it completed before we can begin widespread testing, so please bid soon if you're interested.