Status as of Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:56 am

Good morning!
  • Constance is working on adding two new rows to the "live coin balances" boxes: target payout proportion and actual payout proportion. These boxes should help customers understand when they are being paid in different proportions than their intended coins. The most common cause of this issue is when a coin's price can't be obtained. This feature will be released first, and then a second release will include a new chart that compares target daily earnings with actual daily earnings, allowing customers to see when conditions in coin networks change payouts.
  • With one of the most common requests being an increased focus on stability, I spent the last week researching and implementing a way to automatically be notified when common server conditions, like a lack of disk space, occur. I found that a web server called OpenNMS combined with a protocol called SNMP allows for all 47 devices to be displayed and tracked on a single site. What's great is that it can also send notifications when bad things happen, like an unrecoverable read error on a disk, without having to periodically check the BIOS of the motherboard. I had no idea that such comprehensive tools existed and I expect that as many as 3 outages per year will be prevented with the use of this alone. It even supports monitoring of "business services," which I think means that we can make it poll whether the mining server is running; I'm going to improve that today.
  • Vance is continuing to work on resolving payout issues and some of the ethash coin issues. For an unknown reason, ETH continues to encounter network synchronization issues, which requires the mining server to disconnect miners. I don't know what else to say about this one except that it's being looked at and that we don't know when the issue will be resolved.
keksik

Re: Status as of Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Post by keksik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:00 pm

thx Steve for working on the newest issues.
for increase profitability, can you add few more coins?
for X11 monetary uit (traded on bitrrex!) and UserVcoin and for Ethash algo MOAC, CAllisto, Ether-1, Akroma and metaverse, which are curently the msot profitable coins for ethas and traded on good exhanges with great volume.

thank you
keksik
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:28 am

keksik wrote:thx Steve for working on the newest issues.
for increase profitability, can you add few more coins?
for X11 monetary uit (traded on bitrrex!) and UserVcoin and for Ethash algo MOAC, CAllisto, Ether-1, Akroma and metaverse, which are curently the msot profitable coins for ethas and traded on good exhanges with great volume.

thank you
keksik
In almost all cases, coins that customers request are not added because they either have "locked wallets" on all exchanges, or because because the coin has some special requirement, like "charity addresses," that would require us to spend a significant amount of money implementing special support for that feature.

If you've checked that both of these things aren't true for these coins, then feel free to create a new support ticket for Chris, and he'll be glad to add the coins.
keksik

Post by keksik » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm

thx for suggestion, i did as requested.