Ehash/claymore rig setup

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
keksik

Ehash/claymore rig setup

Post by keksik » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

i have issue to connect my rigs to prohashing server. have tried to use this commands via claymore:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -ewal myPHlogin -epsw n=rig1 -allcoins 1 -allpools 1 -platform 1
also tried many variations and still gettign same error message.

ETH: Stratum - Connected (prohashing.com:3339) (unsecure)
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"result":null,"error":[-3,"Method'eth_submitLogin'notfoundforservice'mining'",null]}
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

any advice?
thanks
CSZiggy

Re: Ehash/claymore rig setup

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:58 pm

What happens if you just try:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -ewal myPHlogin -epsw n=rig1

without the other parameters?
and I am guessing the myPHlogin is the username you use on the prohashing.com site not here on the forums.
keksik

Post by keksik » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:12 pm

i have already tried this option with same results and yes i have two username and tried both, of course first was on webpage not the forum.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:09 pm

keksik wrote:Hi guys,

i have issue to connect my rigs to prohashing server. have tried to use this commands via claymore:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -ewal myPHlogin -epsw n=rig1 -allcoins 1 -allpools 1 -platform 1
also tried many variations and still gettign same error message.

ETH: Stratum - Connected (prohashing.com:3339) (unsecure)
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"result":null,"error":[-3,"Method'eth_submitLogin'notfoundforservice'mining'",null]}
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

any advice?
thanks
We use the "NiceHash stratum" protocol. There is an older "getWork" protocol which we don't support. The command that works for me is:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -esm 3 -ewal testuser1 -allpools 1
keksik

Post by keksik » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Finally i can confirm with above config im able to mine without any issue. also can add more parameters, such as:
-platform 1 -mode 1 -epsw rig1. I have not tried any others,but it should be working as well.
citronick

Post by citronick » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Anyone tried configuring an Bitmain E3 to work?
LMC

Post by LMC » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:50 am

citronick wrote:Anyone tried configuring an Bitmain E3 to work?
I tried for hours, both direct and through a proxy. I've given up.
Either it just shows up dead and stays that way, or, thru MRR I can get some settings to work, but it never shows a hashrate (through the MRR console). On PH, it just creates hundreds of ghost miners, never stays connected long enough to show a hashrate.

Anyone get the E3 to work here?
citronick

Post by citronick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:12 am

Steve said that Nicehash stratum is currently supported - which is -esm 3 Claymore speak.

I think we need get work type mining support like ethminer - perhaps PH can consider adding this support.

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer

That will get most miners using Claymore and non-Claymore miners out there... I think there is no dev fee in ethminer

If X3 cant work with NH, I have little confidence E3 can work....
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:09 am

citronick wrote:Steve said that Nicehash stratum is currently supported - which is -esm 3 Claymore speak.

I think we need get work type mining support like ethminer - perhaps PH can consider adding this support.

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer

That will get most miners using Claymore and non-Claymore miners out there... I think there is no dev fee in ethminer

If X3 cant work with NH, I have little confidence E3 can work....
Do you know if there is a proxy server that can convert between the two protocols? Using the old "getWork" protocol would require a significant amount of time to implement. That way, we could focus on other algorithms, while using proven code for supporting both on Ethash.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:43 am

Whats a "solid" working bat line for ethminer, what im using and keep getting disconnected with?

I just saw your Claymore string above and tried it with -esm 3 and some adjustments and finally got connected. Going to test claymore and see if I get disconnected.

Also does static difficulty d= argument work or is it disallowed for now?

EDIT: I got claymore working but it still disconnects for me after mining for a bit on a static coin(some cards cant handle higher size dag files in my rig so I set a static coin to mine). Then when it reconnects, if it does, it fails to mine cause of the dag size aka it wont reconnect and mine my selected static coin.

Probably just a few bugs to work out yet for EThash. Tried for last hour or so and itll mine for 5 minutes sometimes, 15 minutes, i think my best was 45 minutes then it started acting up/disconnecting.