Status as of Sunday, August 19, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, August 19, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 am

Good morning!
  • Today, we'll be publicizing the release of charity mining. Constance made some final improvements over the past few days, such as removing underscores from the charity names, and moving the charities above the coins, so that customers are aware of the option to make donations. One of the remaining improvements that is a lower priority is a donors' list on the homepage, to recognize contributors. I also want a chart that details how much money has been paid to charities in the past day.
  • At the same time, Constance made an improvement that some customers have requested: the ability to be more precise with payout proportions. It is now possible to set payout proportions down 1/10 of a percent, compared to whole percentage points previously. There is still a limit of 100 coins per customer, to reduce system load. Not only will the greater precision allow customers to better choose coins, but we also hope that they will be encouraged to make more donations. For big miners, donating 1% might be a lot of money, but 0.5% isn't much for most people to contribute.
  • We're pleased to announce the addition of Lyra2REv2 mining to the pool! It will be enabled today. There may be some initial issues, as always occurs with new features.
  • Lyra2REv2 is the first of many algorithms that I discovered can be added very quickly to the pool. These algorithms have open-source libraries that can be used without modification to check work, and they use the same block template format and stratum protocol commands as scrypt does. By contrast, Ethereum mining, which is expected to be released in two or three weeks, requires significant changes to support its unique way of hashing and determining its profitability due to uncle blocks.
  • The scrypt 4% profitability increase will continue for at least the next few days, while we continue to gather data. You can see the improvement in the "1MH/s expected payouts" chart on the front page. Enjoy the extra money!
Tomas_Novak

Re: Status as of Sunday, August 19, 2018

Post by Tomas_Novak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 am

on which port do I open algo Lyra?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 am

Tomas_Novak wrote:on which port do I open algo Lyra?
You can use port 3337, which will be reported in the latest version of the website when it is released, or use the a=lyra2rev2 password argument.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 am

Just tried 3337, in 2 mins got 0 accepted / 6200 + rejected.
Doesn't seem to take my miner.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:24 am

CSZiggy wrote:Just tried 3337, in 2 mins got 0 accepted / 6200 + rejected.
Doesn't seem to take my miner.
Are you sure you're not mining Lyra2RE? That's a different algorithm than Lyra2REv2, and it confused us when we were implementing it.

In a previous message, I also asked you for your username, so that I can investigate the multiple issues you are reporting. Please create a support ticket with your username so that I can review the system's logs to figure out what is causing your problems.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 am

Swapped to 3337 with no password, got all rejected.

There is 16 MH pointed there currently, is Lyra2REv2 ASIC resistant? is that for video card miners only?
Is that highly memory orientated that it wont work with asics that have too low memory requirements?

Reading https://medium.com/vertcoin-blog/vertco ... d47aef895d seems to say vertcoin changes to be asic resistant.
They used to be on adaptive-N algo, then changed to Lyra, then v2 after a botnet attack had over 50% of the Lyra network.

Lyra2REv2 might be based on scrypt algo, but my asic scrypt miner cannot do it.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 am

CSZiggy wrote:Swapped to 3337 with no password, got all rejected.

There is 16 MH pointed there currently, is Lyra2REv2 ASIC resistant? is that for video card miners only?
Is that highly memory orientated that it wont work with asics that have too low memory requirements?

Reading https://medium.com/vertcoin-blog/vertco ... d47aef895d seems to say vertcoin changes to be asic resistant.
They used to be on adaptive-N algo, then changed to Lyra, then v2 after a botnet attack had over 50% of the Lyra network.
In that case, I don't have enough information to help troubleshoot from here. When you submit a ticket, I'll look at the data and see what suggestions I can give.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Which all miners were you able to connect to the new algo and have shares submitted for them?
Which miners do you use internally for testing and did any of those connect successfully to LyraREv2?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Which all miners were you able to connect to the new algo and have shares submitted for them?
Which miners do you use internally for testing and did any of those connect successfully to LyraREv2?
Let's take this offline to a ticket, where I can query the database to find the 6200 shares and the reason for their rejections. Please post the ticket number here.
alim

Post by alim » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Fantastic progress!