Scrypt profitability increase of 4%

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Scrypt profitability increase of 4%

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 am

Since we found a lot of bitcoin blocks, we decided to increase scrypt profitability by 4% this week, beginning immediately, even though this will cause us losses. There were some customers who complained that litecoinpool was paying more than here. This experiment will allow us to determine whether that's true and whether hashrate increases significantly as a result of profitability increases.

Enjoy the extra money!
doodapunisha

Re: Scrypt profitability increase of 4%

Post by doodapunisha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Nice move PH :)
davidsin

Post by davidsin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Awesome!
sherm77

Post by sherm77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Thanks a bunch!
JackNRochNY

Post by JackNRochNY » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Looks like I picked the right week to once again try Prohashing! I try every other month or so for a few days, but always wind back up at litecoinpool.org. Maybe this time will be different! You would think with the auto coin switching it would be consistently more profitable, but in the past I have found that not to be the case. So the 4% is only for this week?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:05 am

Giving it another 24-hour test run to compare with the 4% increase to see how close they are.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:10 am

JackNRochNY wrote:Looks like I picked the right week to once again try Prohashing! I try every other month or so for a few days, but always wind back up at litecoinpool.org. Maybe this time will be different! You would think with the auto coin switching it would be consistently more profitable, but in the past I have found that not to be the case. So the 4% is only for this week?
The 4% will last for at least one week. The purposes of this experiment are to get a better accounting of how these changes affect profit, to determine whether profitability will exceed that of litecoinpool.org, and to see if higher profitability actually results in more customers.

Surprisingly, there has not been an increase in the number of customers due to this experiment during the first day. After six more days, we'll reevaluate all of these criteria and figure out what to do after the week ends.
cc4506

Post by cc4506 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:19 am

Even with the 4% bump, (which I appreciate very much even if it is only for a week), its barely profitable to mine at this point. I am guessing that's the biggest reason.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:01 am

CC4506, I don't think they are trying to lure people over to mine who have had their machines turned off due to costs of cooling in the summer, or high electric bills vs low litecoin values.

I think they are just asking why people are on LitecoinPool.org instead of using their service and if upping it 4% helps them want to come back.
sherm77

Post by sherm77 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:23 am

I have 3 more L3+ miners powered off, I'll power them back on if the increase in profitability continues beyond the week.