Should I use the same address when withdrawing from exchanges?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
parishy

Should I use the same address when withdrawing from exchanges?

Post by parishy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:36 am

Should I use the same address when withdrawing from exchanges? does it matter?
I was wondering if it's normal for people to withdraw from exchanges to the same address every time.

Is it a bad privacy practice? should we change withdrawal address? how often do you change yours?
spauk

Re: Should I use the same address when withdrawing from exchanges?

Post by spauk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Depending on the blockchain, it's all publicly available in block explorers anyway. Usually people use separate addresses just to keep things organized so you can tell which transactions came from where if it doesn't show a from address. I don't think it really matters beyond that, it's personal preference.
ambar33n

Post by ambar33n » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Never reuse an address. Its bad for privacy, and could risk loss of funds.
KlaraJWill

Post by KlaraJWill » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Different addresses will be better.
Read more policy here https://paybis.com/buy-paypal-with-bitcoin/