Looking for more information about reduced hashrate miners

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Looking for more information about reduced hashrate miners

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:52 am

I think the main reasons that litecoinpool.org can offer 101% are that they do not have any regulatory expenses because they don't distribute US tax forms (or forms for whatever country they are located in,) and that they have the policy of pool "donations." I think you are underestimating how many people are willing to leave large balances behind and then they just forget about them. Here, they are paid out; there, they send E-Mails and then confiscate them. That could be 5% alone.

Merge-mining is not likely to be the difference. It's only responsible for about 1% of profits, since every pool, including both of these, does it.

After the confiscation policy, I think the next most likely issue is the "nBits" calculation error problem that I mentioned in the "status as of" post yesterday. Now that the problem has been corrected, our orphan rates should fall and the blocks we weren't submitting when we could submit them will be submitted, increasing instantaneous profitability. We won't know the full extent of that major bugfix for a month, when orphan rates have leveled off.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 pm

I look forward to maybe coming back here in a months time to check and see if PH is higher than other pools then. Assuming the difficulty doesnt moon and make running the few I have turned on not worth it.

But as it stands now, I'm making much much more on litecoinpool and 1 or 2 other places also top out over PH profits daily.
Maybe in a month it will be competitive, but for the next month, I'm going to have to stick with where Im at making more than here.
If having tax docs sent or having to do them myself is the difference between 10% payout...I'll do my own taxes and collect the 10% higher payouts.

I think you overestimate how many balances are left behind. If you move the payout up to 50 litecoins, and are under 50 you will not get a payout. After 24 hours of no payout you can request a balance dump down to the nearest .01 litecoins. What is being forfeited ISN'T a large total of a large balance, its more likely whats left over from the largest .01 litecoin. What's taken by the pool if you dont come back and finish up or round off to the nearest .01 is the .00xxxxxxxxx numbers, everything after the .01 the thousandths decimals on down. Just mine there once every 90 days to keep the spare change valid.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:54 pm

CSZiggy wrote:I look forward to maybe coming back here in a months time to check and see if PH is higher than other pools then. Assuming the difficulty doesnt moon and make running the few I have turned on not worth it.

But as it stands now, I'm making much much more on litecoinpool and 1 or 2 other places also top out over PH profits daily.
Maybe in a month it will be competitive, but for the next month, I'm going to have to stick with where Im at making more than here.
If having tax docs sent or having to do them myself is the difference between 10% payout...I'll do my own taxes and collect the 10% higher payouts.

I think you overestimate how many balances are left behind. If you move the payout up to 50 litecoins, and are under 50 you will not get a payout. After 24 hours of no payout you can request a balance dump down to the nearest .01 litecoins. What is being forfeited ISN'T a large total of a large balance, its more likely whats left over from the largest .01 litecoin. What's taken by the pool if you dont come back and finish up or round off to the nearest .01 is the .00xxxxxxxxx numbers, everything after the .01 the thousandths decimals on down. Just mine there once every 90 days to keep the spare change valid.
I think I figured out the immediate issue that explains why there is a 12% difference for some customers today. One of the share recorders went offline for an unknown reason. Until we are able to resolve higher priority tasks, Chris will credit customers who were affected manually before payouts are issued.