Correcting missing shares

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Correcting missing shares

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:31 pm

While Steve was performing database maintenance this morning, a few hours' of shares were lost. I am working to determine the exact number of shares lost, but since the mining server was still accepting shares, I will be compensating miners for the lost time. I will post a reply when I have corrected the balances. Thanks for your patience.
JarBinks

Re: Correcting missing shares

Post by JarBinks » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:39 pm

You must have read my mind, I was just looking at today's activity and thinking "That's not right"
FYI - I see no graph activity from about 8 till 2 ET and I did notice I switched to a backup pool near the end of that.

Thank you both for your diligence and transparency!!
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:05 am

After investigating, I determined that shares were not recorded between 7:52:57 and 14:07:37 despite the mining server accepting them and the pool finding blocks. To compensate, I have increased all users' earnings for September 17 by 28%, which equated to about 0.5 BTC among all users. The precise correction would have been 26%, but I increased it by 8% as a thank-you to our users.

I apologize again for the inconvenience. Fortunately, since the database has been modified, lost shares and long periods of out-of-date data should not occur in the future.
claydigger

Post by claydigger » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Chris, thank you for researching the issue and taking care of the miners here on Prohashing.com!
Claydigger