Asic Boost for S7

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Lestat9

Asic Boost for S7

Post by Lestat9 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:17 pm

So this site now supports it..From what i read about the boost S7 does have support for it but its disabled...

This some info about it.

"Pretty weird to have antpool.com allowing stratum commands for doing overt ASICBOOST on their production servers. You can telnet to their stratum server yourself and send the following lines and you'll get evidence that there's functions on the remote server for handling the patented version of ASICBOOST.

SEND {"id": 0, "method": "mining.subscribe", "params": ["bmminer/2.0.0"]}
SEND {"id": 0, "method": "mining.multi_version", "params": [2,4,6]}
RECV {"result": null, "id": 0, "error": [20, "_stratum_mining_multi_version() takes exactly 2 positional arguments (4 given)", "Traceback (most recent call last):\n File \"/opt/eloipool-server/eloipool/stratumserver.py\", line 199, in found_terminator\n rv = getattr(self, funcname)(*rpc['params'])\nTypeError: _stratum_mining_multi_version() takes exactly 2 positional arguments (4 given)\n"]}
I've also got overt ASICBOOST operating on my Antminer, it needs enabling in a hidden configuration (and a pool that supports it). Open up /config/bmminer.conf and look at the last setting.

{
"multi-version" : "1"
}
To enable multi-version needs to be >1, the number being how many bits of the version number you're allowing it to modify for ASICBOOST. Enabling this will cause a new field in mining.submit which includes which version number it ended up using for the share solve, the pool server needs to be able to parse that and be able to validate it. The code for this is on github in the bit main account so don't take my word for it.

Maybe someone like Slush will make a public pool that enables people with handicapped S7, S9, R4 hardware to use ASICBOOST today and reduce their power consumption? It's a few altered responses on the stratum server and some instructions on how to modify the configuration on your miner to enable it, and you're up and running.

the ASIC supports overt and covert ASICBOOST

the FPGA in the miners sold to people supports ASICBOOST

the software in the miners sold to people supports overt ASICBOOST but it's disabled

antpool.com supports overt ASICBOOST messages"

So the question remains. I have a s7 bitman ant miner...how do i enable it and getting it working on this site that now supports it?
Is it a setting in the Antminer screen where i set the pools up?

Thx in advance.
alim

Re: Asic Boost for S7

Post by alim » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm

I have the same question for the S9. I believe someone here knows and hope that they will share that knowledge... If I find out another way, I will let you know!
djliss

Post by djliss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 pm

i'll have a look at a firmware image for my V9 to see if i can implement it, i'll let you know the results
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 am

https://www.putty.org/

Then connect to the miner using the login to gain root access.
Then swap down directories \
until you find the one with the file that needs to be edited.

Not sure what editors come with putty, Hope to god its not edline.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 am

Lestat9 wrote:So this site now supports it..From what i read about the boost S7 does have support for it but its disabled...

This some info about it.

"Pretty weird to have antpool.com allowing stratum commands for doing overt ASICBOOST on their production servers. You can telnet to their stratum server yourself and send the following lines and you'll get evidence that there's functions on the remote server for handling the patented version of ASICBOOST.

SEND {"id": 0, "method": "mining.subscribe", "params": ["bmminer/2.0.0"]}
SEND {"id": 0, "method": "mining.multi_version", "params": [2,4,6]}
RECV {"result": null, "id": 0, "error": [20, "_stratum_mining_multi_version() takes exactly 2 positional arguments (4 given)", "Traceback (most recent call last):\n File \"/opt/eloipool-server/eloipool/stratumserver.py\", line 199, in found_terminator\n rv = getattr(self, funcname)(*rpc['params'])\nTypeError: _stratum_mining_multi_version() takes exactly 2 positional arguments (4 given)\n"]}
I've also got overt ASICBOOST operating on my Antminer, it needs enabling in a hidden configuration (and a pool that supports it). Open up /config/bmminer.conf and look at the last setting.

{
}
To enable multi-version needs to be >1, the number being how many bits of the version number you're allowing it to modify for ASICBOOST. Enabling this will cause a new field in mining.submit which includes which version number it ended up using for the share solve, the pool server needs to be able to parse that and be able to validate it. The code for this is on github in the bit main account so don't take my word for it.

Maybe someone like Slush will make a public pool that enables people with handicapped S7, S9, R4 hardware to use ASICBOOST today and reduce their power consumption? It's a few altered responses on the stratum server and some instructions on how to modify the configuration on your miner to enable it, and you're up and running.

the ASIC supports overt and covert ASICBOOST

the FPGA in the miners sold to people supports ASICBOOST

the software in the miners sold to people supports overt ASICBOOST but it's disabled

antpool.com supports overt ASICBOOST messages"

So the question remains. I have a s7 bitman ant miner...how do i enable it and getting it working on this site that now supports it?
Is it a setting in the Antminer screen where i set the pools up?

Thx in advance.
It seems to me that the official implementation version-rolling isn't compatible with these miners, then. However, it seems as if both of these implementations are doing the same thing in the miner; they just have different commands to get started.

I can't find any documentation as to what the parameters for "multi_version" mean. What do the [2,4,6] arguments stand for?
djliss

Post by djliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:34 am

CSZiggy wrote:https://www.putty.org/

Then connect to the miner using the login to gain root access.
Then swap down directories \
until you find the one with the file that needs to be edited.

Not sure what editors come with putty, Hope to god its not edline.

ssh access to antminers is with root, admin (password)

you need to use vi to edit config files or use winscp with same credentials to browse the file system

the V9 uses cgminer so that will need updating, more than likely the new source for cgminer will need to be merged with bitmains fork of cgminer and compiled for the arm arc.

quite a bit of work if it even pulls off, best to wait for a modified firmware or bitmain to release a firmware update, although it may not be much work for someone who knows coding better than me to implement it.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am

OP was for the S7 not the V9, but I'm not sure where this page was quoting from or when as to which model the article refers to where they claim to have gotten it working.

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
I've also got overt ASICBOOST operating on my Antminer, it needs enabling in a hidden configuration (and a pool that supports it).
Open up /config/bmminer.conf and look at the last setting.

{
}

To enable multi-version needs to be >1, the number being how many bits of the version number you're allowing it to modify for ASICBOOST. Enabling this will cause a new field in mining.submit which includes which version number it ended up using for the share solve, the pool server needs to be able to parse that and be able to validate it.
From what I've read....
The miners need to grab Putty, install it, use their miner's IP address on their local network, telnet into their machines using root access logins.
Then swap down to the /config/ folder that has the bmminer.conf file and then edit that.

Its the same processed that was done on the L3+s to alter some of their settings at the root config levels.
Also have done config file edits on KNC TITAN controller to edit those files on the SD cards.
djliss

Post by djliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 am

CSZiggy wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
I've also got overt ASICBOOST operating on my Antminer, it needs enabling in a hidden configuration (and a pool that supports it).
Open up /config/bmminer.conf and look at the last setting.

{
}

To enable multi-version needs to be >1, the number being how many bits of the version number you're allowing it to modify for ASICBOOST. Enabling this will cause a new field in mining.submit which includes which version number it ended up using for the share solve, the pool server needs to be able to parse that and be able to validate it.
From what I've read....
The miners need to grab Putty, install it, use their miner's IP address on their local network, telnet into their machines using root access logins.
Then swap down to the /config/ folder that has the bmminer.conf file and then edit that.

Its the same processed that was done on the L3+s to alter some of their settings at the root config levels.
Also have done config file edits on KNC TITAN controller to edit those files on the SD cards.
telnet and ssh are two completely different protocols, telnet for a start in non encrypted traffic.

putty is a windows ssh client program ssh is short for secure shell (a command prompt style interface) there are also many other programs that do this, linux has an ssh client built in (and server usually).

login details for all antminers by ssh even if the web password is changed is user: root Password: admin this obviously is done through an ssh client that has been connected to the antminers IP address.

On antminer V9's there is no bmminer.conf as the mining software used on this machine is cgminer not bmminer so as i said above the guide will not work and cgminer program will need to be updated with the new asic boost changes.

I believe the S9 and T9 also use cgminer and not bmminer.