Should the "coin announcements" thread be limited to coins?

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Should the "coin announcements" thread be limited to coins?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 am

I wanted to get some feedback about the "coin announcements" forum.

Should it be limited to new POW coins only, with a prohibition on posting ICOs and non-mineable coins? We obviously want to promote innovation in the altcoin space, and ICOs don't represent technical progress since most are simply pre-mined ERC20 tokens.
Eyedol-X

Re: Should the "coin announcements" thread be limited to coins?

Post by Eyedol-X » Sun May 20, 2018 10:25 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I wanted to get some feedback about the "coin announcements" forum.

Should it be limited to new POW coins only, with a prohibition on posting ICOs and non-mineable coins? We obviously want to promote innovation in the altcoin space, and ICOs don't represent technical progress since most are simply pre-mined ERC20 tokens.
New mineable coins, new algos should only be in coin anncouncements forum.

If ICO's are allowed at all they should go into an ICO Subforum only.

However, I suspect you will have an increase on board moderation because I'm sure people will still post in wrong forum.
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Sun May 20, 2018 11:53 am

ICOs are running amok and i'd be happy never to see the letters ICO ever again in forums anyhere or as spam email i get.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun May 20, 2018 2:33 pm

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rezin385

Post by Rezin385 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Just new POW coins. Thanks.
skuthan

Post by skuthan » Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 am

Should it be limited to new POW coins only?
No, why limit at all? The more quality options you have, the more attractive your pool is.

With a prohibition on posting ICOs and non-mineable coins?
You mean like XRP which you just added?

We obviously want to promote innovation in the altcoin space, and ICOs don't represent technical progress since most are simply pre-mined ERC20 tokens.
So what? A payout is a payout. Most POW coins are just copy/paste coins anyway like BCH and DOGE. I think most of us could come up with a list of ERC20 premined options that we'd rather have than DOGE.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue May 22, 2018 11:40 am

skuthan wrote:Should it be limited to new POW coins only?
No, why limit at all? The more quality options you have, the more attractive your pool is.

With a prohibition on posting ICOs and non-mineable coins?
You mean like XRP which you just added?

We obviously want to promote innovation in the altcoin space, and ICOs don't represent technical progress since most are simply pre-mined ERC20 tokens.
So what? A payout is a payout. Most POW coins are just copy/paste coins anyway like BCH and DOGE. I think most of us could come up with a list of ERC20 premined options that we'd rather have than DOGE.
It seems that others agree with me that the standard of a pre-mined coin needs to be higher than that of a fairly distributed coin. I don't have any specific attachment to any particular coin, but I do believe that developers deserve to earn money for work they put in, rather than being pre-paid for future work.

Developers who create mineable coins on new blockchains and who own lots of those coins only gain a reward once they have put in the work. Ripple was only listed once it had seen some significant development. In my view, the ethical thing to do is to encourage people to work hard to succeed, which means allowing fair coins a shot at launch and listing successful premined coins later.
cc4506

Post by cc4506 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 am

I concur. This is primarily a site for miners. Give them a sub thread if you want but frankly I see most of them as scams anyways.