Equihash algo paying less than it should

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
juanfrand

Equihash algo paying less than it should

Post by juanfrand » Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 am

Hello guys, I'm noticing that Equihash algo is paying way less than it shows in main page or WAMP.

I've been loosing money since 2 days ago approx, so I stopped mining Equihash.

Did you make some changes on it? Or why you think this is happening?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Juan
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Equihash algo paying less than it should

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 am

juanfrand wrote:Hello guys, I'm noticing that Equihash algo is paying way less than it shows in main page or WAMP.

I've been loosing money since 2 days ago approx, so I stopped mining Equihash.

Did you make some changes on it? Or why you think this is happening?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Juan
The algorithm can't be paying less than is listed, unless your miners are more inefficient than average. The listing comes from the average share value inserted into the database.

On the other hand, it is paying less than can be earned normally because of a known issue with equihash and NiceHash miners, where NiceHash miners earn 35% above expected value during times the pool is profitable due to the way the load balancing algorithm works. We fixed the issue and plan to deploy that on Sunday, and then both the actual and displayed earnings will rise by 5%. I'll be writing a post about that later in the day.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 am

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
juanfrand

Post by juanfrand » Fri May 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Thank you for the clarification Steve, I’ll be waiting to read your post on Sunday.

CSZiggy, I’ve been mining Equihash for months... if I didn’t understand that i would be bankrupt by now :D .

Thanks anyway!
Kind regards,
Juan