A little confused? Solo mining...

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

Re: A little confused? Solo mining...

Post by CSZiggy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
markdil

Post by markdil » Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 am

2.5 TH/s

I did check, it alway says solo.

At my hashrate, I should be landing LiteCoins.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am

How long have you been mining at that hashrate without getting a Litecoin block?
markdil

Post by markdil » Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 am

Two days on and off. Why am I getting merged mining blocks at more than 10 times the difficulty and no LiteCoins?

My math tells me I should. The systems does not agree.

Something is not right.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:25 am

Because the reported difficulties on those blocks don't seem to match up to the difficulties of the coin networks. Viacoin, for example, has a difficulty of 585K (at least according to WhatToMine).

At your hashrate, I'm seeing an expected time for a litecoin block at about 5 hours, so if you're coming in and out of mining that's likely the issue.
Unless you're running for many (possibly up to 24) hours in a row you only have a percentage chance of finding a block. At 5 hours you have about a 65% chance of finding a block.
Last edited by ryguy on Wed May 16, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
markdil

Post by markdil » Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 am

I can agree to difficulty miscalculations.

When the Scrypt pool is after LiteCoin, about 7 TH/s nails a block in about 15 seconds (from my observations, maybe I do not understand). With that said, based on my speed, I must really have terrible luck.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 am

Where are you getting 15 seconds? I'm sure they'd love to find a block every 15 seconds at this pool, but that's not happening.
markdil

Post by markdil » Wed May 16, 2018 11:45 am

When this number (circled in red) hits 7, and STAYS there, a block is landed in 15 seconds or less, that is from the countless hours I have studied it.

Maybe I don’t understand.

http://rc9.net/litecoin.jpg
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Wed May 16, 2018 12:05 pm

The time for the last block is for the entire litecoin network, not for this pool specifically. That the network finds a block in 15 seconds or so is not that surprising given that it has hundreds of TH/s on it.
markdil

Post by markdil » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

I guess it comes down to math. At the speed I am running, I should get a block in every 4+ hours. I am not. It just does not make sense to me. During my run times, I get a plethora of merged mining blocks, I guess with the difficulties in question.

Like I said, I am just trying to understand and I appreciate everyone who has responded.