Credits and balance display fixes

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Credits and balance display fixes

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Vance recently resolved a number of issues with the backend payouts and trading that had been present for 4 years, but which never had any manpower available to investigate until now. These issues caused errors in both the actual and the displayed balance data.

First, Chris discovered that his queries during periods of share corrections did not credit the displayed balances at the same rate as the actual balances. He resolved the issue so that any future share corrections will be consistent, but the balance discrepancies need to be adjusted. No payouts will be affected because the sum of the account activity and payouts is accurate. This fix will change the displayed "live balances" to be equal to the amount earned minus the amount paid out, and the "live balances" will now match all the other charts on the page that were already correct: "account activity," "coins mined per day," "daily earnings," and so on. The fix will resolve many tickets from customers who questioned why the full displayed balance never paid out; the answer was that the displayed balance had been calculated incorrectly. He monitored these discrepancies over the past few days, and is confident that all issues that caused this problem have been resolved and will not recur after the corrections.

Second, Chris discovered that the transaction fees calculated for many payouts over the past four years were incorrect due to a race condition. The fees were assumed to be the balance before the payout minus the payout minus the balance after, but if a block was found at the same time the payout was happening, the entire block would be charged as the fee. These excessive fees need to be refunded to customers, and I'm surprised that no customers ever reported the problem. Because many of these fees were in coins like Verge or Litecoin, which at the time were so worthless that the fees were unnoticed, the credits to customers will be significant - as high as $1900.

Chris will be correcting the balances this afternoon. We apologize for the issue.

Some customers who are owed transaction fee adjustments have not mined with the pool for years and will earn such large refunds that 1099 forms will be required for payouts. Customers who do not return to submit the forms will not be paid, and the balances will be subject to our zero-liability policy.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dnprod

Re: Credits and balance display fixes

Post by dnprod » Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 pm

i did ponder why i had dusty balances that never became payable , but only for some coins coinsistently.
thanks for the explaination!
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 am

This created a few coins I haven't mined in ages to now have negative balances for some reason.

Thoughts?
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 am

yup like btc in my case, not much few thousands satoshis only.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
alim

Post by alim » Mon May 14, 2018 8:19 am

I also have a negative balance on one worker - can this be transferred across to another account?
hikan2

Post by hikan2 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 am

My balance has changed by -11% from BTC. At whom on how much the balance has decreased?