Status as of Thursday, May 10, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, May 10, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu May 10, 2018 10:25 am

Good morning!
  • Ripple payouts continue to have issues. For example, Ripple transactions always return as successful, even if a transaction never appears on the blockchain. We then have to check to see whether the payout was actually sent and queue it for repayment if not. Only 30% of the payouts appear to actually succeed. How Ripple has maintained its value with all of these problems continues to mystify me. Unfortunately, customers can expect continued delays and payout issues until Vance can resolve them all.
  • We'll be giving an overview of the "low luck miners" problem soon, but the summary that everyone needs to know immediately is that as many as 10% of orders on NiceHash are "low luck." There are few direct miners that are low luck. Since we don't have access to NiceHash's data in order to correlate customers we identify as low luck with the users on NiceHash, we can't provide any tips on how to identify low luck orders at the time of purchase. Yesterday, over $2500 was forfeit due to low luck mining. NiceHash has not taken steps to address this issue on their system and simply ignores our communications with them. If you use NiceHash and it turns out that you were scammed, we cannot provide a refund, so use NiceHash at your own risk and consider the possibility of forfeitures when renting.
  • Ethash mining is coming along, but it has been slowed by bug resolution in other areas of the system. We are slowly eliminating payout issues, and the number of tickets relating to payouts has been falling. Bug resolution in the mining server allowed us to raise profits passed onto miners by 1% last week. Soon, Vance will be able to start a detailed analysis of trading and I suspect he will figure out ways that the system is making suboptimal trades, allowing us to increase projected sell prices even further.
  • Constance is currently working on the final steps of bug resolution with the website: a review of the notifications system. It turns out that there were some features of notifications, like how profitability is measured, that were not updated when SHA-256 and Equihash were added. She will also be adding E-Mail validation and fixing some display issues. Once notifications have been reviewed, we will be confident that existing features on the website have reached an acceptable level of bugs, and after 6 months we'll now be able to start on website improvements.

Re: Status as of Thursday, May 10, 2018

Post by 18973001118 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:45 am

Hello, D3 and DR100 can not connect to the ore pool after power failure restart. How can I solve this problem?

Post by 18973001118 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 am

13 DR100 3 sets of D3 have the same problem
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu May 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Put a ticket in with support.prohashing.com 18973001118, you might have to setup an account on the support site.

And they will work with you, posting on the message thread wont get you the help you will need.
Good Luck!
Slurms

Post by Slurms » Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Don't know why this popped into my head but....Curious if the low luck miners are actually owned by NiceHash. This would allow them to decrease the mining reward to normal miners as the total hashrate is higher, as well as skim the money from buyers. Even would allow NiceHash to keep making those payments for the hack.

Would be a REALLY good racket.

P.S. Steve, if you're interested https://appsec.helpwithmybank.gov/olcc_form/ This is from a branch of the treasury department. Banks are *required* to answer your complaint, and all relevant questions. Should they not do so, you can escalate the issue. I have started this process with several banks who I have done business with crypto in my personal accounts, yet refused the business account. I am asking for them to explain why one is ok and the other isn't (as well as several other questions). Again, if you're interested :D
Last edited by Slurms on Thu May 10, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juanfrand

Post by juanfrand » Thu May 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Dear Steve, good afternoon.

I´m the person that you have forfeited the 2500 USD.

Let me argue some points of your comments:
1. If 10 % of the NiceHash miners are "low luck", then why you forfeit 100% of my investment? You should forfeit 10%.
2. In this post (Write NiceHash bot, make lots of profit) you encourage us to build a bot for NiceHash which can mine always at good profit. You wanted us to build it because you could profit the fee out of it. So now you tell us that we are on our own and you Forfeit all our investment?? I don´t think so.

I need a resolution for this matter please. And if you are setting up these new rules, try communicating them to us first.

Kind regards,
Juan
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 am

juanfrand wrote:Dear Steve, good afternoon.

I´m the person that you have forfeited the 2500 USD.

Let me argue some points of your comments:
1. If 10 % of the NiceHash miners are "low luck", then why you forfeit 100% of my investment? You should forfeit 10%.
2. In this post (Write NiceHash bot, make lots of profit) you encourage us to build a bot for NiceHash which can mine always at good profit. You wanted us to build it because you could profit the fee out of it. So now you tell us that we are on our own and you Forfeit all our investment?? I don´t think so.

I need a resolution for this matter please. And if you are setting up these new rules, try communicating them to us first.

Kind regards,
Juan
10% of all nicehash hash, not 10% of your rented hash, you rented hashrate from a seller who submits less legitimate work than they advertise, therefore the profit isnt actually earned, which is why it gets forfieted, the bros dont have a money printing license to give you money that dont exist. there are few small situations where they forfeit the low luck miners in error, if this is the case, you should be refunded via answers to your ticket, if not an error, you wont see those funds, because they simply dont exist
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Slurms wrote:Don't know why this popped into my head but....Curious if the low luck miners are actually owned by NiceHash. This would allow them to decrease the mining reward to normal miners as the total hashrate is higher, as well as skim the money from buyers. Even would allow NiceHash to keep making those payments for the hack.

Would be a REALLY good racket.

P.S. Steve, if you're interested https://appsec.helpwithmybank.gov/olcc_form/ This is from a branch of the treasury department. Banks are *required* to answer your complaint, and all relevant questions. Should they not do so, you can escalate the issue. I have started this process with several banks who I have done business with crypto in my personal accounts, yet refused the business account. I am asking for them to explain why one is ok and the other isn't (as well as several other questions). Again, if you're interested :D
Thanks for the suggestion, but we're not interested in doing business with PNC anymore. We got new bank accounts. The problem now is that we again don't have an exchange account.

As to NiceHash, I don't think that people should be spreading theories that they are purposely involved. I want to make it clear that we have no evidence of that.