Fixing missing shares

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Fixing missing shares

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:06 am

We have had a few short database disconnects in the past days, which caused shares to be lost. I have been correcting the balances so that miners are compensated for the missing time. Even though I corrected users' balances, the bug has caused the reported profitability to be lower than what miners were actually paid.

We have fixed the bug in our next release, but our development server is being repaired, preventing us from testing the code. As soon as I get our development server back online, we will test and release this update, which should fix the issue permanently. I anticipate that we will release the fix on the weekend.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is any way I can help in the meantime.
tucsondirect

Re: Fixing missing shares

Post by tucsondirect » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:18 pm

currently approx 40% of shares appear to not be registered... :/ (it could be an issue with the display chart too.. )
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:40 pm

I don't think this is a sitewide issue. Your solarunit_a125c miner seems to be stuck in testing. Has it worked in the past? Perhaps you need to restart it.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:19 pm

It's possible, it is solar powered and may have gotten a dip in cloud coverage.... i will reset it and check again, thanks for the heads up
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Yep looks like i had an unanticipated race condition between the charge controller and the DC voltage regulator, very strange .... guess i never took into account birds shading a solar panel... and its weird effect of the current vs voltage probes.