The Next Crypto To Explode - Upfiring

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Cryptotree

The Next Crypto To Explode - Upfiring

Post by Cryptotree » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 am

The last time I invested in an ICO was Waltonchain. Since the ICO last month the coin is up almost 4x. If you missed that one, here's your chance to get in very early on this one. 

Upfiring: https://www.upfiring.com

Current price: 15000 UFR/1 ETH. Meaning you can accumulate a good amount of it if you want. 

I came across this project a few weeks ago and it's brilliant. I have always wondered why something like this project hasn't been made yet. I'm an active torrent user, creator, and seeder, and the worst thing is getting nothing in return for the work I do. 

Upfiring changes that. I've done some good research on it - essentially, they're modifying the BitTorrent protocol to allow seeders to get compensated with a cryptocurrency called UFR each time somebody within the app downloads the seeder's files. Considering UFR is going to be tradable on exchanges you are literally getting paid crypto to seed files, which is awesome. This video explains it the idea behind it pretty well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R3UPGg3b18

The market cap is extremely low right now, meaning that this project could easily be worth 10x the current price in several months to a year from now. The amount of money to be made here is potentially huge.
a3miner

Re: The Next Crypto To Explode - Upfiring

Post by a3miner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:21 pm

But why do you need a separate currency for that? Why not just simply use ETH or another currency? Thats the part which i dont understand.
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 pm

same reason there is a ton of alt coins. why would you want to use eth on this when you can come up with your own coin and if ur idea catches on, u made a fortune.

The idea is interesting for sure, but im wary about all these fortune seekers, sure it might be legit, but if not, its just trouble. who know might be worth one ETH..
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Cryptotree

Post by Cryptotree » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm

mycide wrote:same reason there is a ton of alt coins. why would you want to use eth on this when you can come up with your own coin and if ur idea catches on, u made a fortune.

The idea is interesting for sure, but im wary about all these fortune seekers, sure it might be legit, but if not, its just trouble. who know might be worth one ETH..
Hope you ended up putting in that ETH, it's up 10x over the last few months.

It's still only a 2.8 million dollar cap so when the app is released in a month it could easily do another 10-20x. I'm very optimistic about this project after reading the source code and following the subreddit for a few months. Team is very active there.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon May 28, 2018 12:33 am

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoinplus

Post by bitcoinplus » Mon May 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Its just another ICO, dude...
Come on and delete this shit.