Coinbase "Auto Pay" Not processing?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
tucsondirect

Coinbase "Auto Pay" Not processing?

Post by tucsondirect » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 am

As the title states, there may be an issue with coinbase api not selling BTC after transfer. This is second time the auto echange/withdrawal has failed. Tested on my Test miner account (same username as here) :?:
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Coinbase "Auto Pay" Not processing?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks. I'll review this later tonight. The payouts are being received but not sold?
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Correct, I thought maybe it was the larger dollar value on the other account but it seems even a $2 transaction is failing to get sold
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:31 pm

I investigated this problem.

It turns out that the system was receiving an error message: "You don't have that many bitcoins in your account to sell." From what I can tell, sometimes Coinbase's own transactions between its users take a while to post.

I'll ask Chris to move the payout time back from 6:17am to 8:17am, and we'll see what happens from now on. I apologize for the inconvenience.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:36 pm

No worries, i can use the auto Sell address they have provided, but thought the other method would be more cost effective for you guys... plus.. the auto bank withdrawal feature is nice to set and forget (Assuming it works)
kires

Post by kires » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:57 pm

I have this issue every now and then. I was under the impression that it was a rounding thing on CB's end?
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Upon further inspection it would appear that using coinbase's instant"exchange" address is more cost effective as there is only a 1% fee, and withdrawals to us bank accounts are free (although manual)... With Prohashing's method there is a $0.15 fee on a $2.00 test transaction.. Auto bank deposit is not worth $0.15 :o :o

Edited: for spelling and clarification
Last edited by tucsondirect on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 pm

I never heard of this exchange address - I'll have to read up on it. How do they offer it for free? Or, is this one of those things that's only available in certain states?
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:46 pm

They provide you a wallet address that instantly converts The bitcoin into your USD wallet, at which point you can initiate a free withdrawal to attached bank account Screenshot http://screencast.com/t/xWNHV2z0LLF

Click USD wallet>Click Instant exchange at top of page>Copy Bitcoin address
1% conversion fee, 0% bank fee for withdrawal (currently)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:44 am

Oh, I see. This is one of the features that is only available in a limited number of states. Most people can't take advantage of this feature, so you should definitely use it since you live where it is offered.