Status as of Sunday, April 1, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
palmmjsg23

Re: Status as of Sunday, April 1, 2018

Post by palmmjsg23 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Since I'm one of the "unlucky" few, is there anything thing I can do? Hardware seems functional and firmware is the latest version. I'm fairly new to mining and only have one rig, so I'm pretty much the lowest man on the totem pole. But mining for a month at the chance I don't actually get any of the coins would suck, to be honest. It seemed like I've been mining a decent amount less the last week, but I attributed that to the price drops and such.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:32 pm

palmmjsg23 wrote:Since I'm one of the "unlucky" few, is there anything thing I can do? Hardware seems functional and firmware is the latest version. I'm fairly new to mining and only have one rig, so I'm pretty much the lowest man on the totem pole. But mining for a month at the chance I don't actually get any of the coins would suck, to be honest. It seemed like I've been mining a decent amount less the last week, but I attributed that to the price drops and such.
All you have to do is wait a few days. Normal miners won't have any problem seeing a lucky day, and no money will be lost. The odds against that are very low. Low-luck miners, on the other hand, continue to get unlucky days and end up with balances that never get paid.
balzsam

Post by balzsam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:20 am

Hi Steve, can you publicate the table of minig luck or how your customers could see the progress if they continue to mine? You should to define terms such as:
-normal miner
-not normal miner
-why you need to find "low luck" miners
-what is the cause of "low luck" mining
-how are payouts related to "low luck" mining
-how can miners see progress when trying to normalize his "luck"
-does't "low luck" miners punished enough with their low luck? You punish them additionally with halting payouts.
You explanation of "low luck" miners is a big fog at tne moment.
Thank you for your explanation.
balzsam

Post by balzsam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:36 am

Oh I forgot. One more question: how is "low luck" exactly mathematically defined? Rate of what to what in time.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:32 am

balzsam wrote:Hi Steve, can you publicate the table of minig luck or how your customers could see the progress if they continue to mine? You should to define terms such as:
-normal miner
-not normal miner
-why you need to find "low luck" miners
-what is the cause of "low luck" mining
-how are payouts related to "low luck" mining
-how can miners see progress when trying to normalize his "luck"
-does't "low luck" miners punished enough with their low luck? You punish them additionally with halting payouts.
You explanation of "low luck" miners is a big fog at tne moment.
Thank you for your explanation.
I don't think writing all this up is necessary for two reasons.

First, this would take a lot of time away from other tasks, and since it will change over the next week as we make this algorithm even more precise, it would have to be rewritten as it changes.

Second, it's not a big deal for people who are erroneously identified; they just keep mining for a few days and lose no money. There's no need to confuse customers with all these terms. They don't actually need to take any action, so why waste time writing all this up?
balzsam

Post by balzsam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 am

How the the customers will know, that just keep mining is not waste of time and money? They have no information about their exact status of "low luck" and if the continuation of mining will be credited ever. I think that this makes dust more and more thicker even if only several customers are affected.
Im personally think that using untuned algorithms, procedures, functions in professional products is nonprofessional.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 am

balzsam wrote:How the the customers will know, that just keep mining is not waste of time and money? They have no information about their exact status of "low luck" and if the continuation of mining will be credited ever. I think that this makes dust more and more thicker even if only several customers are affected.
Im personally think that using untuned algorithms, procedures, functions in professional products is nonprofessional.
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

That said, we can mathematically prove the odds that the algorithm is correct, and we are very confident that the number of customers affected erroneously is extremely low. I would agree with your suggestion if it were likely that this would cause problems for a lot of normal customers, but that simply isn't the case.

Plus, I expect that it will only take one or two weeks, assuming that the low luck miners don't disappear within the next few hours before we start collecting identifying data on them, to collect enough data to determine exactly what the cause of the issue is. Unlike, say, a botnet that conducts DoS attacks against websites, one can't install viruses on unsuspecting victims' machines to do ASIC low luck mining. The miners know who they bought the defective products from, or they know who they are renting from, or they are willingly involved themselves in some sort of scheme. Whatever the case, all we will have to do is go down the list and someone will eventually talk.

Therefore, I see this algorithm as a sort of stopgap measure. Later today, we'll start collecting more data, which will allow us to disconnect/sue/arrest the miners and eventually disable the algorithm. There isn't a need to make a big deal about the algorithm because the real goal is simply to figure out what causes low luck miners and then take action against it.
balzsam

Post by balzsam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am

OK, thank you for your deeper explanation. May be you can help them to avoid problems with mining.
balzsam

Post by balzsam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 am

One more question: do you checking "low luck" status daily, hourly or constantly?
Thank, you for your answers.