How exactly do we get paid for found blocks?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Darbmind

How exactly do we get paid for found blocks?

Post by Darbmind » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello I just tarted mining with an L3+ I'm within the first 24 hrs of mining and I've found 3 blocks already: 2 Rabbitcoin blocks and 1 NewYorkcoin block.
At the time I detect the block it shows as immature, then, I know it has to have 101 confirmations for it to become matture but after this happens, i don't see the quantity being added to the mining balance so how does this work exactly?
spauk

Re: How exactly do we get paid for found blocks?

Post by spauk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm

if you're mining in PPS mode, the pool gets the block reward and miners get paid per share in whatever their payout coin(s) may be. solo mined coins need to be confirmed and then when you've earned enough to pass the payout threshold it will pay out once a day. also there might be some delays in the network or the site so it might not show it right away.
anyways, all of this information is easily available on the help page
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 pm

the short translation of what spauk said is: if you have not configured for solo mining, you do not get paid for found blocks, you only get paid for your share of work contributing to finding the block, and you only get paid in the payout coins you selected (automatic exchange,) not necessarily the coin for which a block was found.
Darbmind

Post by Darbmind » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 am

dnprod wrote:the short translation of what spauk said is: if you have not configured for solo mining, you do not get paid for found blocks, you only get paid for your share of work contributing to finding the block, and you only get paid in the payout coins you selected (automatic exchange,) not necessarily the coin for which a block was found.
Ok just another thing, if I'm the one that found the block am I getting a bigger share than the rest?

I'm considering solo mining since I keep getting the blocks regularly so do you think its a good way to go?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Darbmind wrote:
dnprod wrote:the short translation of what spauk said is: if you have not configured for solo mining, you do not get paid for found blocks, you only get paid for your share of work contributing to finding the block, and you only get paid in the payout coins you selected (automatic exchange,) not necessarily the coin for which a block was found.
Ok just another thing, if I'm the one that found the block am I getting a bigger share than the rest?

I'm considering solo mining since I keep getting the blocks regularly so do you think its a good way to go?

No you get the same share no matter if you found it or someone else did.

I would say give it a try, but if you were making $8 a day and drop down to .25 a day do not be too surprised.
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Darbmind wrote: I'm considering solo mining since I keep getting the blocks regularly so do you think its a good way to go?
you probably keep finding blocks for many different coins.

if you solo mine, you have to pick one single coin. just how often do you find blocks for a specific coin? and
a coin that has actual value and a non-trivial block-reward (and not some totally obscure altcoin?)
and of course a coin that does not take massive effort and patience to exchange.

solo mining, imho, is a luxury for people with significant/huge hash power.
Darbmind

Post by Darbmind » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:44 pm

CSZiggy wrote:
Darbmind wrote:

No you get the same share no matter if you found it or someone else did.

I would say give it a try, but if you were making $8 a day and drop down to .25 a day do not be too surprised.

Alright man thanks! Maybe I'll give it a try I want to test everything.
Darbmind

Post by Darbmind » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:14 pm

dnprod wrote:
Darbmind wrote: I'm considering solo mining since I keep getting the blocks regularly so do you think its a good way to go?
you probably keep finding blocks for many different coins.

if you solo mine, you have to pick one single coin. just how often do you find blocks for a specific coin? and
a coin that has actual value and a non-trivial block-reward (and not some totally obscure altcoin?)
and of course a coin that does not take massive effort and patience to exchange.

solo mining, imho, is a luxury for people with significant/huge hash power.

I've been mining since monday @ 5 p.m. CST and I've found 26 blocks is that a high number for small miners? Either way yeah as you say i think that it involves more factors that I don't want to deal with so yeah man thx!
techgeeks

Post by techgeeks » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Yea, I dont think they are paying out any more.