No Shares EVER

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
innervision

No Shares EVER

Post by innervision » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi, I am pretty new to mining and even newer to ProHashing. I have set up Easyminer, just to get it running, which uses minerd and cgminer and both seem to be hashing OK but I am never finding a share. I am mining NewYorkcoin. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? It appears that the inital share difficulty of 65k is too high for my low hash rate? Even so I still should be able to mine and find shares! Also the earnings page sees my miners but is not recording a hashrate. When I mine Electroneum with any other miner I am finding shares every second no problem even at my current hash rate. Do I need to find a pool with a lower share difficulty? My uptime is 42 minutes and not one share already... this is wasted time when I could have found 500 shares by now mining ETN :/

Suggestions, feedback, help appreciated.

Matt
innervision

Re: No Shares EVER

Post by innervision » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Seems I am just hashing away millions of hashes and no getting paid for it?

Why no shares?
spauk

Re: No Shares EVER

Post by spauk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:17 pm

what hardware are you using? scrypt and x11 algorithm coins aren't very profitable unless you have asic hardware. equihash mining is probably the most profitable on prohashing for gpu or cpu. also depending on the hardware you have and the algorithm you want to mine you should pick more efficient mining software. i don't have any experience with easyminer