HELP WITH LOWERING REJECTION RATE?!?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mwinters

HELP WITH LOWERING REJECTION RATE?!?

Post by mwinters » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello, I seem to have a high rejection rate with prohashing compared to other pools like nicehash or litecoinpool. I do enjoy mining here and was wondering if there is anything I can do to help reduce that number? It seems to stick around 10-20%...Im running a couple Antminer L3+
Steve Sokolowski

Re: HELP WITH LOWERING REJECTION RATE?!?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm

mwinters wrote:Hello, I seem to have a high rejection rate with prohashing compared to other pools like nicehash or litecoinpool. I do enjoy mining here and was wondering if there is anything I can do to help reduce that number? It seems to stick around 10-20%...Im running a couple Antminer L3+
Could you try pinging the server to see if the ping time is higher than those of the other pools?
mwinters

Post by mwinters » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
mwinters wrote:Hello, I seem to have a high rejection rate with prohashing compared to other pools like nicehash or litecoinpool. I do enjoy mining here and was wondering if there is anything I can do to help reduce that number? It seems to stick around 10-20%...Im running a couple Antminer L3+
Could you try pinging the server to see if the ping time is higher than those of the other pools?
How do I do that? Is that through the Antminer interface?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm

No. You can open up a command window and type "ping [x]", where [x] is the name of the site you want to ping.

Try it for both sites and report on the difference.
mwinters

Post by mwinters » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:No. You can open up a command window and type "ping [x]", where [x] is the name of the site you want to ping.

Try it for both sites and report on the difference.

Both sites had 0 packet loss.

nicehash was a little quicker:

prohashing: Minimum: 44ms Maximum: 112ms Average: 62ms
nicehash: Minimum: 31ms Maximum: 95ms Average: 47ms
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 am

Actually, we found a bug yesterday that had been introduced with the latest release. The issue has since been resolved.

Could you check to see if the situation has improved?
mwinters

Post by mwinters » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Actually, we found a bug yesterday that had been introduced with the latest release. The issue has since been resolved.

I will point one of my miners and report back in 24-48 hours. Thanks!
mwinters

Post by mwinters » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Actually, we found a bug yesterday that had been introduced with the latest release. The issue has since been resolved.

I ran 24 hours and still seem to see a high rejection rate. It's right below 10% so it does seem a little better...anything else I can do?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 pm

mwinters wrote:

I ran 24 hours and still seem to see a high rejection rate. It's right below 10% so it does seem a little better...anything else I can do?
Without access to your miners, it's difficult to determine exactly what's going on here. The most likely cause is latency, but since you said that your latency is the same at the other sites as here, that likely isn't the reason.

Perhaps someone else has had this problem before and could assist. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:36 pm

for judging latency you probably should use the packetsize option to the ping command to set a size close to what miners/pools use