Antminer D3 HW Errors Too High ?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
gazgroup

Re: Antminer D3 HW Errors Too High ?

Post by gazgroup » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 am

deathlessdd wrote:Ive never seen that many errors ever, since I had my D3s maybe 500 errors in 24 hours at 500mhz @18.5ghs

Also is it possible your miners arent getting enough power?
To be honest your answer make more sense - but on 150 miners halfof them are suffering from this .
I checked the strongest miner , on 19.3Ghs, Voltage 10 its using 1010watts and 4.2amp .
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 am

gazgroup wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:youre using unsupported firmware. try flashing back to bitmain firmware and see if youre still having the issue
UNfortunately I already try since it was the reason for me to put all my D3 with Blissz firmware - it didn't fix the issue either.
so you had this issue on the bitmain firmware also?
if so, the only thing left for me to assume is that you have bad hashboards. typically this is the answer if you have individual boards go missing from the miner status screen. for most people a simple reboot or firmware reset will fix it, however if youve already done that, i think you may have hardware damage. if you ordered them all in the same batch its possible you got a bad batch, or if they run hot in your location that could also accelerate damage.
gazgroup

Post by gazgroup » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:
gazgroup wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:youre using unsupported firmware. try flashing back to bitmain firmware and see if youre still having the issue
UNfortunately I already try since it was the reason for me to put all my D3 with Blissz firmware - it didn't fix the issue either.
so you had this issue on the bitmain firmware also?
if so, the only thing left for me to assume is that you have bad hashboards. typically this is the answer if you have individual boards go missing from the miner status screen. for most people a simple reboot or firmware reset will fix it, however if youve already done that, i think you may have hardware damage. if you ordered them all in the same batch its possible you got a bad batch, or if they run hot in your location that could also accelerate damage.
Yes - All 3 hashboards are detected as well as all chips per board, all 3 working - However , the last one work at 50% .
I have 15 Degrees stable at the farm.
And it still dont explain why I producing so may HW - that why I was also looking for the adequate accepted shares to compare it.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 am

HW errors can occur from many causes, worker difficulty used, under/over clock, damaged hw..

obviously the first and easiest thing to try would be to adjust your static worker diff to see if it stabilizes, prohashing usually dynamically sets a high diff in most cases, so that could be a contributor
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Just to be clear Blissz firmware is rock solid when you use it and understand its proper use. Bitmains firmware is and every update has been a crap load of just that buggy half written pile of junk. The best hope you would ever have was and still is blissz firmware. the last update from 11/20/2017 you just roll the dice if it actually works as it should and loads All of the crap code during the flash. Then every time your miner resets. jumps to back up pool or you have to reset it, fails to load correctly and well Hello shit ton of errors.No matter what you do or how many times you try it is totally luck if it does everything right. Posted somewhere in all this mess of a forum i posted all the testing i did with each of the firmwares and how i overcame the errors. you will also find buried are all the posts from testing about how best to set up for Prohashing. But with that many rigs my advice is get back to blissz and cut those watts per hash down so you stay profitable. Unless one of the programmers that may still be lurking around might be kind enough to help you with their personal firmware. Pm me if you have questions gazgroup i do swing by every once in a while or you can catch me and the other programmers over at bitcoin talk.
Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Any success? I annoyed the crap out of my asic host by lowering the clock rate and changing some pools.
Maybe is from the pool itself? Some suggested to lower the clock below 450mhz. For me it did some improvements, but only for 7 days, and the it kept having this issue it always seemed to have, it down clock itself to below 10k...