Noob with returns questions

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Blindman17

Noob with returns questions

Post by Blindman17 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi! I'm new here. I finally got connected with Prohashing after several months of waiting for registration to be available. I have one L3+ that has been mining on Litecoinpool for a couple of months now. Last night, about this time, I switched it over to Prohashing. Everything I've read has indicated better returns from Prohashing versus standard pools so I was quite excited to get on board.

After running for 24 hours, I'm showing about .063 LTC mined. On Litecoinpool, my average has been .07/day over the past couple of weeks. I'm a little miffed at this, as I was expecting more. Does the Prohashing system fluctuate much more than a standard pool, i.e. there are up days and down days and it all averages over time? Or, is something wrong on my end. I'm showing 100% mining efficiency and hash rates I expect to see from the L3+, so my curiosity is piqued.

I'm no expert in this, I only know what I've learned from my experiences up to this point. Thanks for any insight yous guys can give!
AppleMiner

Re: Noob with returns questions

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:36 pm

It depends on what coin you take as a payout.

The higher rates on PH as subjective as its the average of the payouts regardless of coin chosen for the payout, so if 1 coin goes up and 1 goes down, depending if you got the coin that rose or sank in value over the day, you got over or under the expected 1HM/day payout rate.

IF PH's expected 1MH only used the people mining scrypt and taking LTC as a payout, then the 1MH expected would more closely mimic the payout from litecoinpool, but as it is now, it is also factoring in coins chosen for payouts.

Good luck!
Blindman17

Post by Blindman17 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks for the response!

I'm just taking payouts in LTC at the moment. I figure I'll stick with it and see how it goes.

Cheers!
Reign30

Post by Reign30 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Hey Blindman. With the recent downswing of the crypto market, Litecoinpool upped their payout to 103%PPS. If all you want is LTC, I think you're better off there for the moment (I'm also seeing ~.075 LTC on an L3+ @ ltcpool). The advantage here is multiple coin payout options.
coldlexm

Post by coldlexm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 pm

I've got the same about month ago. Now still mining at Litecoinpool with 0.72-0.73 per L3+. PH should perform better than LTC only mining, but unfortunately it the same or even worse. :(
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Again, it depends what coins you are taking as your payout coins.

If you pick the good coin, you can make better profits here than on other pools. Even after converting you have more coins than on other pools.
If you are willing to manually exchange the payouts daily yourself, there can be more profits to be earned.