Very low diff port, for Moonlanders?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
asiago

Very low diff port, for Moonlanders?

Post by asiago » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:06 pm

I searched the forum first, but found nothing, so I'm posting it here: would it be possible to get a port added for very low diff port added for those of us messing around with the FutureBit Moonlander 2? It'd be nice to have a more consistent accepted share rate.
Eyedol-X

Re: Very low diff port, for Moonlanders?

Post by Eyedol-X » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:11 pm

asiago wrote:I searched the forum first, but found nothing, so I'm posting it here: would it be possible to get a port added for very low diff port added for those of us messing around with the FutureBit Moonlander 2? It'd be nice to have a more consistent accepted share rate.
I'm interested in this as well, especially for some of the alts.
NiteshadeSc2

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Same. This would be very beneficial for me at my 15-20Mhash/sec.
Nites
I am a noob miner. Zeusminer Hurricane X3 and a Gridseed G-Blade Hashing around 18-20Mhs on Ubuntu Cgminer 4.3.5.
Crashou

Post by Crashou » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 am

Same for me.
I'm using 2 Moonlanders sticks, and will add more in the next days.

Thanks in advance,
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Yes, because no one with an ASIC would ever try to connect to that port and mine scrypt at 1000X the normal submission rate on the low difficulty port.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm

i've been asking for something like this, but it mostly gets ignored. they have more important things to do considering that hashrate is like a drop of water in an ocean. the best you can do is leave it on dynamic and it can get down to 16384.
back in the day i would use 512 or 1024 for moonlanders, and then it got bumped to 2048 and 4096.. 16384, and now 65536 is about as low as it goes
i have 4 of the 1mh/s moonlanders, they still work, just slow to find shares. i'm expecting to try the new moonlanders this month
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Yes, because no one with an ASIC would ever try to connect to that port and mine scrypt at 1000X the normal submission rate on the low difficulty port.
i'm pretty sure there's a way to prevent abuse of low difficulty setting by big miners, if too many shares are submitted too fast, then it just stops getting work or something
Last edited by spauk on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm

or too many shares too fast and it forces the share difficulty up. i'm pretty sure something like this is already in place and they've adjusted it a few times.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

spauk wrote:i've been asking for something like this, but it mostly gets ignored.
I dont know that it gets IGNORED...just pushed to the back burner until after the internet package upgrade, which may take care of the issue completely so no time is wasted looking into a solution that is no longer needed magically after 1 upgrade.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm

right, if it's not broken don't fix it. like the brothers say, the share difficulty doesn't really affect profitability. but i had issues preventing any shares from being submitted so it did a little bit. as long as it's submitting shares every once in a while everything is working as intended.
this reminds me of a tshirt i saw years ago that seems fitting. notice how there is no P in the ool, we would like to keep it that way. obviously a different kind of pool but it's funny