Release coming this afternoon

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Release coming this afternoon

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 pm

We're going to issue a release this afternoon, which will require us to restart the mining server.

This release will take just two minutes, and will include a few bugfixes. First, we resolved a problem that resulted in broken lines on the "worker history" chart. Second, we eliminated the needless insertion of many rows that have been supplanted by the live worker data. Finally, we added protection against a bug that JiveTonto reported, where some coins would repeatedly submit the same block over and over. We haven't been able to determine the cause of the problem, but we can ensure that when that happens, money won't be wasted in orphaning lots of blocks.
AppleMiner

Re: Release coming this afternoon

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:06 pm

So will that alter the number of blocks the miner's status page says they have found vs how many Prohashing's site says the miner submitted?

Will there now be more....my miner says I found 5 blocks but the site only recorded 1....posts as a result of not being allowed to submit the same stale share 4 more times and get credit for 5 total that the miner reports the users have found?
spauk

Post by spauk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:07 pm

sounds like a problem with some coins and not some miners? i always hope one bugfix ends up fixing other unsolved bugs
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 pm

AppleMiner wrote:So will that alter the number of blocks the miner's status page says they have found vs how many Prohashing's site says the miner submitted?

Will there now be more....my miner says I found 5 blocks but the site only recorded 1....posts as a result of not being allowed to submit the same stale share 4 more times and get credit for 5 total that the miner reports the users have found?
That issue hasn't been investigated yet. Today's release fixed different bugs.

Constance is working on the "found blocks" fixes to allow older blocks to be displayed. Once she finishes that tomorrow, we'll be able to better assess what is wrong with this issue.