Congratulations to superminer dmdllc2017

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Foldmine

Re: Congratulations to superminer dmdllc2017

Post by Foldmine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:32 am

Also seen no increase in payout here. one L3+ mining last night
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 am

i think your find it went into the daily mh/s rate if you look at the homepage
DuncanBoaz

Post by DuncanBoaz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 am

Thank you guys for being so generous.

This event could have easily been squirreled away. Instead you gave us all One more reason to be here on PH.

Thank you dmdllc2017 for your Machines. Thank you PH for passing this "Block Reward" onward.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 am

Dave wrote:So is this $100k fee shared or goes only to dmdllc2017
It's not accurate to say that the $100,000 from this particular block was distributed to miners. A more accurate statement is that the payout rate during the time that block was available was $1000/MH/s/day.

We are a pay-per-share pool, so you receive credit if you found a share during that time, just as happens all the time. Since this reward was so high, all pools were searching for it, so it only lasted a few seconds. If you were mining high difficulty shares, it's possible that you didn't submit a share during that time due to bad luck, and therefore didn't earn part of this huge profit. On the other hand, you also could have found a high difficulty share and made a fortune, as some did.
ru55ian

Post by ru55ian » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 pm

scored about $30 from that block... not bad :-)
Brandonloves2fly

Post by Brandonloves2fly » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Dave wrote:So is this $100k fee shared or goes only to dmdllc2017
It's not accurate to say that the $100,000 from this particular block was distributed to miners. A more accurate statement is that the payout rate during the time that block was available was $1000/MH/s/day.

We are a pay-per-share pool, so you receive credit if you found a share during that time, just as happens all the time. Since this reward was so high, all pools were searching for it, so it only lasted a few seconds. If you were mining high difficulty shares, it's possible that you didn't submit a share during that time due to bad luck, and therefore didn't earn part of this huge profit. On the other hand, you also could have found a high difficulty share and made a fortune, as some did.
Steve, your Tweet was bit misleading as you indicated that "Congratulations to everyone mining scrypt with us at 02:53 EST - you have a huge payout." As the payout didn't go to everyone. From the sounds of it, a good chunk of miners didn't get a cent of that payout. I'm not complaining (well, maybe a bit because I didn't get a piece of the action), but it was very discouraging to see your tweet and then find out I wasn't part of "Everyone".

It makes me want to switch to a low static difficulty so that I am not stuck on a high diff coin when something like this happens. The more frequently I'm submitting shares, the more my chances of participating in a payout. I've left my password arguments to be determined by PH, but that appears to not be the wise choice. I have 24 miners pointed here between 2 accounts and have been loyal to PH for over 5 months.

It just sucks that I didn't participate because my miners were assigned a higher difficulty coin at that exact moment.

Thanks for all you do, Just maybe be more careful with the wording on your tweets as you set most of us up for a huge disappointment when we found out we didn't get a piece of the pie. ;)
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:23 am

So, this is why it is advisable to set your difficulty to the minimum level as opposed to allowing PH to select it for you?
KoiMundi

Post by KoiMundi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:34 am

Has anybody received their share of the fee? I cannot see it in my stats.

Also not sure if the block has matured yet? Help a n00b understand lol
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 am

I showed it the instant it happened.
My test rig went from $17 the previous whole day to $9 before 4am, so I knew there was a jump and wasnt getting excited until I knew it wasnt some error...I mean 12+ hours worth of earnings squeezed into 4 hours of time working seemed too good to be true.
Jamin

Post by Jamin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:58 am

AppleMiner wrote:I showed it the instant it happened.
My test rig went from $17 the previous whole day to $9 before 4am, so I knew there was a jump and wasnt getting excited until I knew it wasnt some error...I mean 12+ hours worth of earnings squeezed into 4 hours of time working seemed too good to be true.
Similar but larger numbers, I guess to reflect my hashing.