Multicoin Auto Switching exclude Sexcoin and cannabis

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
macgyver

Multicoin Auto Switching exclude Sexcoin and cannabis

Post by macgyver » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:12 am

Is it possible to mine in your miningpool but exclude the sexcoin and cannabiscoin?
Any specific configuration on the miner to be able to do the above?
JiveTonto

Re: Multicoin Auto Switching exclude Sexcoin and cannabis

Post by JiveTonto » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 am

i know they have the "c=" command for a single coin, to mine it

allmost like the need an ex=

an exclude command
Last edited by JiveTonto on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:57 am

macgyver wrote:Is it possible to mine in your miningpool but exclude the sexcoin and cannabiscoin?
Well, it should be pretty easy to avoid at least 1 of them at a time per miner. Sexcoin is Scrypt based, while Cannabiscoin is X11.
So depending on which algo you are mining on, only 1 at a time will be a factor per working miner rig.

That being said...are you just opposed to the names of the coins? Are you a Mormon or Jehovah witness that has a moral issue with mining coins named like that? You understand the miner can be set to mine whatever the pool says to mine, but you can pick the payout in the coin you like. So your dirty little miners can still mine Buddahcoin, Allahcoins, Zencoins, aand even satancoins and you can be paid out in Litecoins and not go to hell for it.*

(*=disclaimer, not a diety that can pass judgement on mortals, these statements have not been tested or approved by your choice of afterlife patrons)
Jamin

Post by Jamin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Haha
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:01 pm

macgyver wrote:Is it possible to mine in your miningpool but exclude the sexcoin and cannabiscoin?
Why?

Do you not know how mining works?

If you do not like these coins due to their name and don't want to contribute to their creation, you realize that does nothing right?

A specific amount of coins will be mined each and every day for every kind of cryptocurrency out there, regardless of you mining it or not. For instance, lets just say 2600 coins are mined each day in sexcoin as that is the daily block reward amount, right?

If one person is mining sexcoin for the whole day: 2600 are made.

If 1 million people are mining sexcoin for the whole day: 2600 are made.

As far as i understand it, there could be a little fluctuation if a huge amount of hashrate comes online at once and the cryptocurrency does not have time to react to the difficulty change needed, but you, as one person, are not going to change it.

So if you don't want to mine those coins because, again, you feel you have no desire to contribute to the creation of those coins: Too bad, you mining them or not does diddly squat to the amount that are created, the only difference you will make is: You don't get paid as much as everyone else when those coins become profitable for the pool.
macgyver

Post by macgyver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:54 am

Dear All,
Thanks and welcome all opinions and comments.
Can we go back to technical discussion?

However, if anyone of you curious, at least you can just let me do my value. I understand the mining works, I just want try to avoid being part of "sexcoin" crypto economy and "cannabiscoin" crypto economy. And it is just for my moral value ...

I see prohashing as one of the richest features in multipool/autoswitch mining pool :) except for the 5% ha ha ha
macgyver

Post by macgyver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:56 am

JiveTonto wrote:i know they have the "c=" command for a single coin, to mine it

allmost like the need an ex=

an exclude command
yeah ... kindaf that :-p
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 am

If you want to avoid a coin then you will need to specify a single coin with c=coin password value that you want to mine just that 1 coin.
You can mine that single coin in either solo or PPS mode.

But your profits will likely be lower than the people who autoswitch and mine all the coins, even sex and cannibis coins.
macgyver

Post by macgyver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:26 am

AppleMiner wrote:If you want to avoid a coin then you will need to specify a single coin with c=coin password value that you want to mine just that 1 coin.
You can mine that single coin in either solo or PPS mode.

But your profits will likely be lower than the people who autoswitch and mine all the coins, even sex and cannibis coins.
Hi , thanks ...
maybe we need argument exclude=sexcoin or ex=cannabiscoin :D
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 am

Doubtful. Because then everyone will ex=litecoin because why mine that its the 10th lowest coin.

And then look...in 5 mins, all the other coins have been saturated to hell by the pool's hashing power, and now all the coins are worth .001 except the .03 litecoin profit one...which is now being excluded by 90% of the pool.

I don't see that working out so well.