How do I control the % of GPU usage

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Archbob

Re: How do I control the % of GPU usage

Post by Archbob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm only using the GPU for mining. My laptop is usually on 24 hours a day anyways. I'm running Claymore now and the GPU when mining is somewhere between 0 and 20% in the taskmanager info and stays around 105 degrees F.
This is my work laptop which I use all day to work and watch youtube at times so the extra electricity I doubt is that much.

I'm more concerned with how much I'm using over my normal usage which is the usual photoshop/onshot video editor/youtube with mining because I'd be using it for that other stuff anyways. I'm calculated it to be about $4 per month over my normal usage because the idle GPU still sucks in power.

I make roughly 2.3 dollars per day running 24/7.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:07 am

As long as you dont burn out the laptop, and have to explain why you need a new WORK laptop.
I don't think the fans on laptops are to be running 100% full load 24-7 forever without giving up a ghost along the way.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:49 pm

...You're doing that with your work laptop? I hope you mean "the laptop i use for work" and not "The laptop my work gave me for work", because if it's the 2nd one..........dude.....