Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Post Reply
greaseman316
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 am

I have noticed last 3 or 4 days that at Cryptopia Exchange (because i dont go there but every couple of weeks) has not been crediting my wallets with the coins i have solo mined. After going thru my payments from PH and doing a little research on Cryptopia i have found that a bunch of their coin wallets are in Maintenance and will not allow deposits, some for as long as 2 weeks.

just wanted to Make everyone was aware that is depositing to Cryptopia exchange, Please check your wallet first before yelling at the Brothers as to why you have not received payment for your coins earned. Yes your money is there but can not be deposited until wallet issue is resolved.


Thanks G
greaseman316
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 am

Well crap i am seeing the same thing on some of the other exchanges also. yobit , Bittrex and livecoin. I got money floating around everywhere while wallets are in maintenance
frphm
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:39 am

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by frphm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 am

In general, it isn't the best idea to mine directly to exchange wallets.
bajula
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 am

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by bajula » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:31 am

frphm wrote:In general, it isn't the best idea to mine directly to exchange wallets.
They aren't talking about mining directly to a wallet,(if they were doing that why are they even at prohashing?) they are talking about deposits sent from HERE (I.e. already mined and in many cases echanged and it is just a regular "Send") that are hung due to maint. on the wallet at the exchange.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 am

greaseman316 wrote:I have noticed last 3 or 4 days that at Cryptopia Exchange (because i dont go there but every couple of weeks) has not been crediting my wallets with the coins i have solo mined. After going thru my payments from PH and doing a little research on Cryptopia i have found that a bunch of their coin wallets are in Maintenance and will not allow deposits, some for as long as 2 weeks.

just wanted to Make everyone was aware that is depositing to Cryptopia exchange, Please check your wallet first before yelling at the Brothers as to why you have not received payment for your coins earned. Yes your money is there but can not be deposited until wallet issue is resolved.


Thanks G
Cryptopia is one of the worst offenders for doing this. We had to write a program to detect when coins go into "maintenance" mode so that we can remove Cryptopia from our list of exchanges for those coins.

Coins in "maintenance" mode are effectively worthless, because they cannot be deposited and withdrawln. Allowing trading in these markets is unethical.
frphm
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:39 am

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by frphm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

bajula wrote:
frphm wrote:In general, it isn't the best idea to mine directly to exchange wallets.
They aren't talking about mining directly to a wallet,(if they were doing that why are they even at prohashing?) they are talking about deposits sent from HERE (I.e. already mined and in many cases echanged and it is just a regular "Send") that are hung due to maint. on the wallet at the exchange.
I understand, but it still applies. The direct link to the exchange encourages you to not check the exchange before the deposit, hence the exact scenario that has happened to the OP. Deposits to a wallet you control means that this would never happen.

The difference between traditional mining and PH mining is trivial and borderline irrelevant to my statement. I know how PH works - the fact that it pays out your mining proceeds in a different coin doesn't change the fact that you are still mining, and doesn't reduce the danger of payouts going directly to an exchange that has a history of throwing wallets into maintenance at random.

Nothing you said changes the fact that if OP wanted to avoid this situation, he should have payouts go to his own wallet, which is exactly what I said. Not sure what you were trying to prove. That you know how PH works? Here's a pat on the back, just for you. :)
greaseman316
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Sorry i did not explain further. Yes i should have a wallet for each coin and stay away from exchange wallets, but it just isnt feasible with the number of different coins i do mine. Here is why!
PH is one the few pools that you can solo mine profitable coins and still be paid for merge mining shares.

What shot me in the foot is that no matter what you set your payout coin to, when you solo and find blocks you get the rewards in the coin mined. I knew this already. but because at times I mine so many different coins solo i did not check the wallet status before i went and started mining these coins. Yes it was an error on my part. Ok i may lose a few dollars but it is a lesson learned. :D :D :D
bajula
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 am

Re: Please read Cryptopia Exchange

Post by bajula » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:02 pm

frphm wrote:
bajula wrote:
frphm wrote:In general, it isn't the best idea to mine directly to exchange wallets.
They aren't talking about mining directly to a wallet,(if they were doing that why are they even at prohashing?) they are talking about deposits sent from HERE (I.e. already mined and in many cases echanged and it is just a regular "Send") that are hung due to maint. on the wallet at the exchange.
I understand, but it still applies. The direct link to the exchange encourages you to not check the exchange before the deposit, hence the exact scenario that has happened to the OP. Deposits to a wallet you control means that this would never happen.

The difference between traditional mining and PH mining is trivial and borderline irrelevant to my statement. I know how PH works - the fact that it pays out your mining proceeds in a different coin doesn't change the fact that you are still mining, and doesn't reduce the danger of payouts going directly to an exchange that has a history of throwing wallets into maintenance at random.

Nothing you said changes the fact that if OP wanted to avoid this situation, he should have payouts go to his own wallet, which is exactly what I said. Not sure what you were trying to prove. That you know how PH works? Here's a pat on the back, just for you. :)
uhhh, the implications of what you wrote originally implied mining directly to a wallet - btc example since it is easiest, say you mine a cksolo which generates coins directly into the wallet you use as an "id" there, newly minted coins don't do the typical 6 confs, it's like 120? (don't remember) and exchanges hate that. Nothing I said had anything to do with how PH works, it was about how the wallets on the exchanges work (if you were to use a btc addy from an exchange in the cksolo example- you would not even get your coins if you won the near impossible lottery.) my only comment that involved PH was that if they were generating coins into thier own wallet (I.e. not using a pool or using a home-brew pool) then they wouldn't be using PH in the first place. - Just for clarity since you apparently "heard" snark in my tone before.. I wasn't then nor am I now being snarky. - simply making a statement that was based on what you wrote - which is not what you said in the reply.. the reply clarification makes sense and I wouldn't have made a comment at all had you written it that way first. - just sayin'

edit for- no coffee me skipped that part how at ph coins are generated in the wallets here then what you get is sent.. so my bad I did say something else about ph, but it still wasn't "knowing" about how PH works, pretty much any pool works like that.
Post Reply