coin auto swich?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Averus

coin auto swich?

Post by Averus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi,
is no coin setup means coin avto swithing ?
I can see Litecoin in "Live worker status"
but main site page tels that are some other coin are most profyteble.
L3+
AppleMiner

Re: coin auto swich?

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 pm

should go read some of the help file https://prohashing.com/help.html
and look at the topics:

Why Hashrate Isn't Everything
and the Payouts section will cover in more detail how and why coins are picked by the pool to be mined.
Averus

Post by Averus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:12 pm

can you confirm that:
only way is sutyp "proportions" in coins MANUALY too get kind of profit swiching ?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

If you are in the autopool then you are actively mining the best coin there is to mine, and you get paid out in the coin(s) you selected.
You set your payout proportions with the slider after adding coins you want to get paid in(dont forget to hit SAVE).

The pool starts on litecoin, and it takes time to find a reward for the pool, the longer it takes, the less profit it is worth.
Over time, the more time, the lower profits, the more it will slip. If the miners jump off that coin then there is 0 payout, so they have to stick with it until one is found and the profits split by those on that coin assignment based on the shared they got from the hashpower the put on the coin.
Meanwhile other coins will bubble up, when litecoin is found, then the miners that were working on it can be re-assigned a new coin.

If every miner who was just on litecoin jumped on $300dollarcoin, then $300dollarcoin would drop the next update down to 0 profits and the diff rate would shoot to the moon after we just dumped 6.7 TH on a coin that only needed 1 GH for its whole network.

The amount of hashpower the pool has, means only certain amounts can be pushed on the lesser coins, least we bury them and kill the network and it takes a long time for each coin to recover.

Look at it like this, over the course of 24 hours, you will be assigned to mine 23 litecoins, and 1 $300dollarcoin.
same as everyone else during that same 24 hours. over the average, each person will get their same shares of the uber $300dollarcoin and the normal litecoin coin of the minute the pool is working on as a group.
bobenkoen

Post by bobenkoen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 pm

@ AppleMiner. Thank you for the clear explanation. I still have a question. So if I look at the profits over the last 4 hours, would that be enough to estimate what I would earn in a day? Or is it only reliable to see after a whole day, as it is unlikely that the $300 coin is mined in the first few hours?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Typically yes. If you take what you earned in the first 6 hours and X4 that should give you a rough estimate for that day's earnings. Assuming no downtimes, outages, or miscounted shared, if there are corrections those would need to be accounted for.

Slight variations in the day, I think from 0-6 am I see a slightly higher profit than the rest of the day on average, more exchange activity in the early morning US hours, from foreign markets??? But overall its pretty steady flow throughout the day. Unless a coin you are getting a payout in dies or moons.