Looking for assistance with new server

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ZiGen

Re: Looking for assistance with new server

Post by ZiGen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:15 am

greaseman316 wrote:maybe im just late, but with d3s i still have the difficulty problem and now it does kick me after about 5 mins. With static set to 128 it does connect and begin to hash as it should then about 5 mins it gives me the boot and goes dead until i reset miner. miner #2 different firmware same problem with Difficulty and does kick me over to back up. with static set at 64 it seems to be holding up. anything higher it boots me. this is only on 4333.

Ill keep playing and see if i can come up with anything else. I am playing with my miners with different firmware on each. for sure i want to tweek these things for PH and try to keep them as trouble free as i can. everywhere else they freak out and take a dump on me
Try d=16 or 8 ...
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:27 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:We're looking for some assistance with testing a parallel mining server on port 4333. This server is an identical clone of the other server, and they communicate to make sure that the right number of customers are assigned to each coin based on distributed load.

If anyone is willing to devote some time to testing it, that would be great. Don't move all your miners to it, but if you want to put one miner on the new server and confirm that there is no difference between this server and the first server, we would appreciate the help. Please post your comments here. If we get enough positive comments, we'll start investigating how to automatically load balance these two instances.

Thanks!
Just started one miner on port 4333 ...so far, so good ... ;)
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 am

Little update before bed. #4333 in dynamic starts off at 65536 as #3333 did yesterday. Static Difficulty up to 64 seems to run good, at 128 have some issues, 256 it kicks me after about 5 mins and goes dead and 512 and up it flips miner to dynamic and starts you out at 65536. also noticed on #3333 difficulty of 512 and above, server will put you in dynamic but it does start up and runs fine. This again is on D3s.

Yes ZiGen i understand. im am trying to make miners fail on purpose. Only way to truly debug.
G
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 am

AppleMiner wrote:It started to record shares.

Now at 9:30 the last recorded share from the port 4333 server was done 8:24:26.
Miner still shows connected, but no new shares being added for the past hour + now.
This is because it was recording shares every 1500 received. It seems that at the time, it took about 1 hour for each batch of shares to be recorded. While it looked at times as if nothing was happening, under normal circumstances there are more than 150 shares per second.

No money was lost.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 am

It is no longer necessary to connect to this server like this. Just use port 3333, and you'll be load-balanced between the servers now.