Chris investigating issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris investigating issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Chris is investigating issues with the system and we will probably make a release of new mining server code tonight to enable Livecoin trading.

We limited the number of connections until we can figure out what's happening, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AppleMiner

Re: Chris investigating issues

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Did Chris recap the worker limit at 5K again to limit traffic while he tests?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:05 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Did Chris recap the worker limit at 5K again to limit traffic while he tests?
Yes. We can't figure out what's wrong. It just seems to be running slower, but nothing changed since last night.
djliss

Post by djliss » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm

have you tried switching it off and back on again lol
skinner

Post by skinner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Only half my works are connected, is this the case for everyone? Also, even for half hash rate the payout seems very low. Are we missing some shares?
Last edited by skinner on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djliss

Post by djliss » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm

skinner wrote:Only have my works are connected, is this the case for everyone? Also, even for half hash rate the payout seems very low. Are we missing some shares?

Probably.... mining seems to have its ups and downs no matter what pool you choose, more downs than ups lately though... i think what is needed as Clarkson would say more POWER!!!!! lets see how things go after upgrades, am in the infrastructure business and shit happens sometimes so i aint lost faith yet!
skinner

Post by skinner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 pm

djliss wrote:
skinner wrote:Only have my works are connected, is this the case for everyone? Also, even for half hash rate the payout seems very low. Are we missing some shares?

Probably.... mining seems to have its ups and downs no matter what pool you choose, more downs than ups lately though... i think what is needed as Clarkson would say more POWER!!!!! lets see how things go after upgrades, am in the infrastructure business and shit happens sometimes so i aint lost faith yet!

They are all back now. Yes, stuff goes wrong, kinda the reason we all have jobs.
skinner

Post by skinner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Some have gone again, if there are problems then a complete switch off is much better that intermittent on and off. My miners are in a commercial unit 25 minuets drive away and its 23:36 here. Would rather not have to go there and change the default pool again...

Just a thought, would it be possible to add a feature where the connection to prohashing could be rejected (dead) from the user interface on the website? A check box to add a number or letter (or both) to the username to make it invalid?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Chris seems to have fixed the issue and we restored the previous number of connections. I'll comment more here later after I go eat now.
djliss

Post by djliss » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:03 pm

skinner wrote:Some have gone again, if there are problems then a complete switch off is much better that intermittent on and off. My miners are in a commercial unit 25 minuets drive away and its 23:36 here. Would rather not have to go there and change the default pool again...

Just a thought, would it be possible to add a feature where the connection to prohashing could be rejected (dead) from the user interface on the website? A check box to add a number or letter (or both) to the username to make it invalid?
Yeah my antminer is back on, I meant has steve tried switching the servers off and back on again lol, first thing i ask my customers, solves 90% of issues lol