Timeline of improvements

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Timeline of improvements

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 am

I thought that customers might like to get a better idea of when they can expect to see various improvements in the system.
  • Until Thanksgiving: Releases of incremental changes to the system necessary for parallelism, possibly resulting in bugs but no visible improvements
  • November 22: Installation of new servers, which will provide capacity for future upgrades, again with downtime and possibly resulting in bugs but no visible improvements
  • Late November: Switchover to Comcast Enterprise from the current Javapipe connection, removing a point of possible failure and reducing the probability of connectivity issues
  • November 29: End of current commitments, allowing beginning of active monitoring during weekday mornings, which will result in restoration of service more quickly when a server fails during business hours on weekdays
  • Early December: Upgrade to Postgres 10, increasing website and database performance
  • Mid December: Improvement in support ticket response times due to new employees taking over some support requests
  • Mid December: Changes to the site and system (which will not affect profitability) to improve compliance with legal issues
  • January 13: Target date for parallel mining server release using one server
  • January 20: Target date to start up a second parallel server with customers manually selecting a server
  • January 27: Target date for reopening of registrations
  • Throughout January: Beginning of changes to the website to make more data available to customers and decrease support tickets
  • February: Automatic load balancing on mining servers to be developed and enabled
  • April: Target date for SHA-256 mining, assuming that mining server parallelism can handle all demand for the existing algorithms, and does not reveal a bottleneck elsewhere
  • June: Target date for Ethereum mining
Grums

Re: Timeline of improvements

Post by Grums » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks for the update Steve!

Why did you choose Postgres/Postgres 10 over other solutions, if you don't mind me asking? Any particular reason? I am just curious and would love to hear your thoughts.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Grums wrote:Thanks for the update Steve!

Why did you choose Postgres/Postgres 10 over other solutions, if you don't mind me asking? Any particular reason? I am just curious and would love to hear your thoughts.
On December 23, 2013, when we started the project, we looked at the software stack at the company at which I worked and decided that we would use exactly the same technologies, so that if the project became self-supporting, we could draw upon colleagues with minimal training. This worked exactly as designed, since the person we hired is one of those people.

The software stack just happened to include Postgres 8.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Could this made sticky/announcement?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

this thread is in Prohashing > News, it can only have new posts written by administration anyway
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:01 am

AH New servers didnt I say that A while back. And load balancing to very nice steve.