Attacks today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Attacks today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:33 pm

We suspect that some attackers have been attempting to take the system offline today. Every once in a while, there is a two-minute outage. There are also periods where huge volumes of spam are directed at the mailserver.

Chris is monitoring the situation, but Javapipe seems to be correcting the problems within a minute or two whenever a new attack starts. We apologize for the inconvenience. Given how expensive it is to conduct these attacks which are making minimal impact, it's likely that they will end soon.
mrpickledash

Re: Attacks today

Post by mrpickledash » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 pm

pool is still dead for me anything you can do to help
sharpblunt007

Post by sharpblunt007 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for the update Steve! Hope you guys manage to sort it out!
CryptoTiger

Post by CryptoTiger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:46 pm

mrpickledash wrote:pool is still dead for me anything you can do to help
same here. shows as DEAD.
is it possible some of us are offline?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Earnings yesterday were off close to 50% from what they should have been. Payouts yesterday on the CHARTS page seems to reflect that.
Was there that much downtime yesterday to validate 50% off earnings? The times I was connected during today earnings seemed off by just as much.

Was the past 2 days all attack related, or some other slowdown by javapipe or ?
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this vicious attack
dimaxwine

Post by dimaxwine » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Same here
blastar

Post by blastar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Many thanks for the update Steve! We do hope that these stupid attacks will end soon and you will manage to restore normal service. For me, Prohashing is the best pool out there, so it is extra frustrating to see all my miners showing dead link to Prohashing for over 6 hours now, they didn't even manage to connect once! But I do hope for the best.
buster442

Post by buster442 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Is the answer just to wait for the attacks to cease, or are you taking active measures at your firewall to block malicious IP's? Do you have a cloud based anti-spam service so the flood of spam isn't into your network?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm

buster442 wrote:Is the answer just to wait for the attacks to cease, or are you taking active measures at your firewall to block malicious IP's? Do you have a cloud based anti-spam service so the flood of spam isn't into your network?
Yes.