2xL3+ from .62 to .47 nearly over night?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Eazy E

2xL3+ from .62 to .47 nearly over night?

Post by Eazy E » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 pm

As the title says, I don't know if this is normal. I am mining using prohashing and it seems like I am switching from various coins throughout the day and getting LTC payouts. Here is my profit chart
Why am I going down in profits so much over night? Are my profits even normal for 2xL3+? any tips?
AppleMiner

Re: 2xL3+ from .62 to .47 nearly over night?

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:39 pm

Profits seem normal for 2 L3+s, $14-$17 a day is typical per L3+, so the $30-$35 range seems to be fine.

Thats not your projected forecast, thats how much you have earned so far today to date. Its around 13-14$ with half the day left to go.
Also, the pool was down for a bit this morning. Do you have backup pools set? Check your other pool sites to see if the miners moved over to one of them to hash while the pool was down, the rest of your profits may be over there.

If you don't have a backup pool set that is on you.
Eazy E

Post by Eazy E » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:44 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Profits seem normal for 2 L3+s, $14-$17 a day is typical per L3+, so the $30-$35 range seems to be fine.

Thats not your projected forecast, thats how much you have earned so far today to date. Its around 13-14$ with half the day left to go.
Also, the pool was down for a bit this morning. Do you have backup pools set? Check your other pool sites to see if the miners moved over to one of them to hash while the pool was down, the rest of your profits may be over there.

If you don't have a backup pool set that is on you.
Thanks for the info! you seem very informative and have been reading your other post! yes I do have them set, but it seems like they are the ones set up from bitmain by defult... Is there a way to get any coins in these polls if I haven't made an account for those pools?... When I set up my miners I set up only the prohashing pool and never checked the others out/make an account for that pool and not too sure if I can get those coins or if they are lost because I never made an account? I'm not too sure :/
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:56 pm

The other antminer pools setup by antminer mine for THEM, not you, on one of THEIR accounts by default.

While Prohashing site was down, your miners switched over, and gave them free money while you paid for the electric.
I would delete all the antpool pools immediately.

For the #3 pool, I recommend setting up litecoinpool.com
Make an account on there, setup 2 workers, and setup both miners to point to that as #3 pool for fail-over backup.

Litecoinpool pays about the lowest, but is almost always up, not sure i've seen it go down, except maybe a maintenace they announce well in advance.
So anytime your Pool #1, #2 aren't up, at least you are getting something for your troubles.

Search around and find a 2nd pool you like, setup an account and make that as the 2nd pool when prohashing isnt up.
If you find a 2nd pool you like more, can always switch the orders of the pools on the miners.

Hope that helps some more.
Welcome to Crypto.
Happy Hashing!
Eazy E

Post by Eazy E » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:03 pm

AppleMiner wrote:The other antminer pools setup by antminer mine for THEM, not you, on one of THEIR accounts by default.

While Prohashing site was down, your miners switched over, and gave them free money while you paid for the electric.
I would delete all the antpool pools immediately.

For the #3 pool, I recommend setting up litecoinpool.com
Make an account on there, setup 2 workers, and setup both miners to point to that as #3 pool for fail-over backup.

Litecoinpool pays about the lowest, but is almost always up, not sure i've seen it go down, except maybe a maintenace they announce well in advance.
So anytime your Pool #1, #2 aren't up, at least you are getting something for your troubles.

Search around and find a 2nd pool you like, setup an account and make that as the 2nd pool when prohashing isnt up.
If you find a 2nd pool you like more, can always switch the orders of the pools on the miners.

Hope that helps some more.
Welcome to Crypto.
Happy Hashing!

Thanks so much! I know being a first time poster I may seem like I don't know much but I have been learning more and more fast and set up a very nice set up, but the downtime was throwing me off thinking I had some stale shares or something but it turns out im well under 20 stales a day, mostly with none. Thanks for all the advice, i'll probably use nice for pool 2 and take your advice on pool 3! Thankfully it was only for a day or two and gave them a free $12, but i'll fix this ASAP. I do not pay for electricity anyway so it wasn't too bad of a loss. Where can i get a notification or see that this pool is offline? Also, do you dynamically mine? I mine all sorts of coins from Gamecredits to Bitconnectcoin (I think bitconnect is a scam but whatever), and get paid via LTC. Im guessing this is the best way. Thought about solo mining, but I feel like with only 2 L3+ I won't do much for myself their..
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:29 pm

Solo mining is like playing the lottery. Payouts can be good, but really inconsistent.
If you want stable payouts so you can track and move as needed, pools are the way to go.

There is an initial learning curve to mining. But once you have pools setup, you test 1 pool vs another, then switch the miners to check again, analyze the data and decide on other pools to test, eventually you pick your 3 pools, dial them in, and basically check them 1 time a day to see that they are running and forget about it.

As one of our posters DOG on here found out, after you have some coins in your wallets, there is a whole new world of TRADING you can get into on the exchanges. Jumping from 1 coin to another, ride 1 up, sell, get in on a low value coin, and ride it up, sell, pick another.
You can win or lose some more money through exchanges and trading. It just adds another level to Crypto, something to explore down the road once you are all setup and have the coins coming in.

Have fun!
Eazy E

Post by Eazy E » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:01 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Solo mining is like playing the lottery. Payouts can be good, but really inconsistent.
If you want stable payouts so you can track and move as needed, pools are the way to go.

There is an initial learning curve to mining. But once you have pools setup, you test 1 pool vs another, then switch the miners to check again, analyze the data and decide on other pools to test, eventually you pick your 3 pools, dial them in, and basically check them 1 time a day to see that they are running and forget about it.

As one of our posters DOG on here found out, after you have some coins in your wallets, there is a whole new world of TRADING you can get into on the exchanges. Jumping from 1 coin to another, ride 1 up, sell, get in on a low value coin, and ride it up, sell, pick another.
You can win or lose some more money through exchanges and trading. It just adds another level to Crypto, something to explore down the road once you are all setup and have the coins coming in.

Have fun!

Oh yeah I have already made about 8 litecoin since I set up just a week and a half ago I think. Honestly... they are sitting at a building and I haven't seen them in over a week. I have exhaust tubing running to the attic and a nice set up to keep my machines nice and perfect for when I sell them (to re invest in Litecoin and my upcoming website). I bought about 9.7 coins at $47, but damn I wish I knew more about litecoin when it was $6 lol. Thanks for all the nice advice! btw.. how many miners does it take to have a small pool to basically get consistent "solo mining" payouts? Say me and you (just using as an example) decide to put our machines together, would this hash more / day then using a pool? I think you said you have like 5 l3+ and I have 2. Just wanted to get an estimate if this is a good idea and how much MH/s is really needed to solo.

BTW: I am back on track today for about $35/day using 2 L3+.. I think the internet at my office and maybe the pool went down for a bit so I lost a few dollars.

PS: I am in this for the coins, not the USD, which sounds weird, but I honestly believe in Litecoin and I haven't sold one of my coins since I started my investment.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Looks like you are up and running then EZ-E.
From what I have seen, if you are only running 1 or 2 machines in the basement you dont even have to really worry about the cooling or venting factors. Even recirculating the heat from the machines if its an open floor basement and not stuck in a 3X3 closet seems to be just fine. Until you get up to 4 or 5 even heat didnt seem to be any factor.

As to the soloing questions. Its all a matter of luck. Which is better? Playing the lottery ticket yourself? Or going into the office Pool on tickets?
Each lottery ticket has the same chance as any other ticket 1:260,000,000,000 but people somehow feel if they have 10 tickets, they have 10X more chances to win! well...yes and NO. Technically yes they do have 10 more chances than someone who only bought 1 ticket. Statistically speaking, with such great odds, both the 1 and 10 ticket holders have the same chance. So how many machines do you need in order to solo? Just 1. Will it be as profitiable as mining in a pool? thats really anyones guess and all comes down to luck.

Happy Hashing!