Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:43 pm

ZiGen wrote:I believe that Ewil is right ...After REBOOTING the server at the pool - like last Sunday or Monday - my L3+ earnings are lower too ...
From 0.018-0.0175 BTC per day to 0.0165 now ...this is for 5xL3+ or ~2500M steady. This is just opposite to the trend of the pool's average earnings per M to go UP in the last few days ...Something WAS CHANGED on the server side ...I don't know exactly what, but the effect is here and visible ...

Sokolowski brothers, any inside comments on this, please ?
There were no code changes made in the past two weeks. I think it is probably worth exploring other possible causes.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:43 pm

AppleMiner wrote:How were the number of coins you were paid out? Did that also change over the week?

If you are paid out 10 coins every day of the week from your miner and at the start of the week the coins are worth $60 then you make $600 a day.
2 days later when the coins drop down to $55, you make $550. When they pop down to $50, you are making $500.
You got paid 3 different amounts of payouts, but the work performed all 3 times was the same amount.

You are saying the payout data changed(maybe due to prices changing?) so my question is how are the coin numbers being earned?
If the pool is down 50%, then you must be making half as many coins as last week right? If its down 25% you should be making a quarter less.

How many coins did you make each day for the past week? can you list how many you got paid out.
I'm going to use my friends page as initial reference, he's been running the machines on prohashing non-stop for a couple weeks now.

10/15 = 1.28110406 Litecoins ($79.17)
10/16 = 1.17977459 Litecoins ($81.63)
10/17 = 1.26386544 Litecoins ($70.98)
10/18 = 1.21409713 Litecoins ($72.51)
10/19 = 1.07251270 Litecoins ($72.19)
10/20 = 0.55703692 Litecoins / .00548585 Bitcoins ($64.00)
10/21 = (not giving me coins earned on this field yet today accurately) ($65.49)

My page:
10/7 = 0.43816373 Litecoins ($23.15)
10/8 = 0.47633599 Litecoins ($24.15)
10/9 = 0.52795845 Litecoins ($26.50)
10/10 = 0.46796128 Litecoins ($23.56)
10/11 = 0.45165351 Litecoins ($24.51)
10/12 = 0.41515863 Litecoins ($23.91)
*at this point I took a break from prohashing to test mine on another pool. Earned a little less than what I had been at prohashing, so I swapped back on the 18th*
10/18 = 0.24843940 Litecoins ($14.77)
10/19 = 0.29115744 Litecoins ($17.35)
*stopped mining at prohashing and went to nicehash, have earned ~$18+/day last couple days now*

Using those numbers as reference, for my friend he started getting reduced value payouts around/on the 17th. I connected back to prohashing on the night of the 17th, after 9pm my time, so had ~23 1/2 hours ran for the Oct 18th payout (odd it was that much of a difference between 18th & 19th).

I'm honestly not smart enough (nor know enough in this realm) to figure out a lot of this in detail, but it really looks like something isn't right. I understand that the market is going to suffer as more hashing power is introduced, but this isn't reacting like that - it's reacting like a flat, across the board level of earnings was cut out on a moments notice. My friend did notice that about middle of this week, he's suddenly having a *lot* of stale & rejected shares, orphaned blocks - for no reason. He's on a 100mb commercial internet, zero power hiccups and perfect stream connection. I'm on the fastest net connection I can get for being in an apartment in my area (60+ mb) and my Average Mining Efficiency for almost all days I've been connected is 100% - the exceptions being when the pool was down, or when a board had errors and the unit needed rebooting.

My metrics for my units are more accurate, IMHO, because I'm just running one D3 - my friend is running 2x L3+ and 2x D3, so those fluctuate all over for total value earned (Scrypt skyrockets as x11 dives, etc).
zikica

Post by zikica » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Mining with a D3 and have the same problem. I'm new in all of this so I tried to figure it out and this is what I have found: btc price was going up. Dash and other alts had hard time keeping up with it and fell behind. That resulted in the amount of btc coins received each day were getting smaller and smaller. Since btc price is rising one could expect that the amount of money will be the same but the drop for alts was greater then the price rise for btc. So that could explain the smaller income in $.
But there is one thing that also influences the lower income (haven't paid attention earlier) and that is the exchange rate. e.g. currently dash is being trade (as shown in live coin status) for 0.04603092 btc per Dash. But when I look in Selected recent shares section I get: "0.0422725000000000 Bitcoins per Dash" that is almost 10% difference. The exchange fees are much lower and perhaps there is a problem that could be investigated? I'm now at 50% btc 50% dash until the btc threshold is reached. Then will change to c=Dash and 100% Dash payment because I do not want to give 10% to someone else.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:25 pm

zikica wrote:Mining with a D3 and have the same problem. I'm new in all of this so I tried to figure it out and this is what I have found: btc price was going up. Dash and other alts had hard time keeping up with it and fell behind. That resulted in the amount of btc coins received each day were getting smaller and smaller. Since btc price is rising one could expect that the amount of money will be the same but the drop for alts was greater then the price rise for btc. So that could explain the smaller income in $.
But there is one thing that also influences the lower income (haven't paid attention earlier) and that is the exchange rate. e.g. currently dash is being trade (as shown in live coin status) for 0.04603092 btc per Dash. But when I look in Selected recent shares section I get: "0.0422725000000000 Bitcoins per Dash" that is almost 10% difference. The exchange fees are much lower and perhaps there is a problem that could be investigated? I'm now at 50% btc 50% dash until the btc threshold is reached. Then will change to c=Dash and 100% Dash payment because I do not want to give 10% to someone else.
That would be valid if I was hashing on Nicehash, or earning in BTC - but the D3 does x11 (Dash) and I was being paid in LTC. The value of Dash fluctuated with 10~15% up/down, but LTC gained in value during that time - yet I earned basically half of what I did a week prior.

BTW solo mining is akin to lottery right now, and moreso if you only have one D3... I think block solve time averages to something like ~14 days? Or is it now 30-something? With no guarantee of solving a single block either, you could be running it with zero return for a couple months before solving a single block... only earning roughly $1k. PPS appears to be best way to go unless you have your own ASIC farm of dozens of units...
waynesworld

Post by waynesworld » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:25 pm

I agree and lots of people never expected how fast this would go down... the problem is the amount of people reporting rejected shares at this point.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Ok putting an update here rather than a new thread.

My partner has 2 L3+ and 2 D3's. Because of the confusion regarding the earnings, we've split them to be 1/each L3+/D3 on PH & NH to test. Both sets ran 95%+ efficiency on PH/NH, zero downtime and extremely minimal stale shares (that I was able to find out about, anyway).
Yesterday on PH, according to the graph and coins (LTC/BTC combo), he earned a grand total of $15... on NH he earned $41.
Day before that, PH was $14, on NH was ~$39.
A couple others I talked with are having the exact same spread of profit loss on PH vs NH, with the same machines.

This isn't a little lost profit, this is gigantic in nature. There is something MASSIVELY wrong, either with the payouts, the system, how the coins are sold... honestly I don't know, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see in their own account numbers, something is wrong in and with the pool.

I really like the interface here, the functionality and options - but money earned when on a long term ROI really adds up, especially when it's THAT large a spread. The machines are swapped to NH for the foreseeable future... sorry :(
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Did you have the Prohash setup set to payout in BTC so it matched the payout you were getting from NH?

NH runs and deposits 6 hours later than Prohash does, did the times of the tests match up...either both pools from midnight to midnight or both sites from 6am to 6am?

Your numbers do really seem off. I've not been getting less than $15 for a single L3+, so if you have a D3 and a L3+ It seems you aren't getting the credit for the D3 or something. Last I checked, and Ive been using 15000, not the 19000 that the newer D3 models hashing power have, that should be another $15 per day AT LEAST.

If you said you were getting $30 at Prohash and $39 at NH that would be something to look at, but really, over half difference?
Just seems like maybe the D3 is set to solo, never finds anything so doesnt get credit, but the D3 on NH gets credit no matter if it finds a block or not.
To be off by half, I would have to say post up your settings you are using on Prohasing, or you are going to backup pools more than you realize on those machines and the other half of the money is out on a backup pool somewhere.

IF NH was really paying out 2X over prohash...would anyone else still be here?
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:30 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Did you have the Prohash setup set to payout in BTC so it matched the payout you were getting from NH?

NH runs and deposits 6 hours later than Prohash does, did the times of the tests match up...either both pools from midnight to midnight or both sites from 6am to 6am?

Your numbers do really seem off. I've not been getting less than $15 for a single L3+, so if you have a D3 and a L3+ It seems you aren't getting the credit for the D3 or something. Last I checked, and Ive been using 15000, not the 19000 that the newer D3 models hashing power have, that should be another $15 per day AT LEAST.

If you said you were getting $30 at Prohash and $39 at NH that would be something to look at, but really, over half difference?
Just seems like maybe the D3 is set to solo, never finds anything so doesnt get credit, but the D3 on NH gets credit no matter if it finds a block or not.
To be off by half, I would have to say post up your settings you are using on Prohasing, or you are going to backup pools more than you realize on those machines and the other half of the money is out on a backup pool somewhere.

IF NH was really paying out 2X over prohash...would anyone else still be here?
Yup, I had it set to payout BTC/LTC (the LTC was more stable, whereas BTC is fluctuating like a yoyo lately). It's very odd, because to earn <$15/day for those two units seemed like a bug, but I checked uptime, efficiency, and the secondary pool they connected to had less than 1% access/hash for those 48 hours.
I did compare the time-to-time earnings, as well as actual payouts. Both fell within range of those numbers, even with the 6 hour disparity.

I'm not running any special arguments except the power (watt/cost) arguments for any of the units that were running on PH. Reboot them every day or two to be on the safe side... but yea. Something isn't right. I wish I could say it was just the D3, but swapping the two units to NH did basically double the profitability/projected numbers almost exactly, so it's not a messed up unit running loads of errors/hash boards going offline. Issue is, I am hearing from others (off the forum) that I've sent here, who are having the exact same issues of MASSIVELY reduced earnings versus, f.ex., Nicehash.

I mean, if someone has clear suggestions of what I could try to fix this, I'm all ears - I'm only a couple months into all this stuff myself, and the staggeringly GIGANTIC volume of knowledge in this sector, I've only touched upon the edges of :lol: .
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Is this problem still occurring, or was it resolved by restarting the share inserters an hour ago?
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Is this problem still occurring, or was it resolved by restarting the share inserters an hour ago?
I don't know, to be honest Mr Sokolowski. We moved our machines over to NiceHash earlier this morning, around 10am PDT.