ROI - what's going on PH?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 pm

coinzcoinzcoinz wrote:I can see its of a concern if the mining industry crashes but it has yet to happen and its been 7/8 years since the first mining of a coin. That kinda tells me its here to stay and persuaded me to join in now before it goes even bigger. Theres at least 5 years of mining left before the next big thing. Proof of stake isnt really a threat.
Actually, it did crash in January 2015. There were multiple cloud mining providers who actually turned off their sites and told their customers that they had lost all their money, because it didn't make sense to run the miners anymore due to the low prices.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that existing customers are not at risk, and we will simply close registrations and wait should the limit be hit before we are able to gather all the information. If we move forward, we'll rush more performance enhancements and reopen them, and if we decide to scale back, then we'll leave registrations closed permanently, except for when we need to allow more accounts due to attrition.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Post by coinzcoinzcoinz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

A paid subscription rather than a % take on all mined coins is also an option and I would happily pay it if it keeps the pool in business.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 pm

remember back a month or two ago when we pleaded with you guys to close registrations?
Darklyspectre

Post by Darklyspectre » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Yup. people have been saying to stop registrations but nope. kept on just letting people in.

Then random closing of registrations for a DAY and then just opening it again.

or if I remember right when you guys instead of closing registrations started talking about booting already members off.
waynesworld

Post by waynesworld » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:00 am

Shut down the damn registrations
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:28 am

waynesworld wrote:Shut down the damn registrations
Oh its way beyond too late for that. The people who were thinking of or have ordered miners for November/December have either already made accounts and just waiting to turn on their new machines, or are old users who have had accounts for months and are just adding more machines.

Either way the time to turn off registrations was september, I think the damage has already been done.
There is no way to get that genie back in her bottle.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:41 am

waynesworld wrote:Shut down the damn registrations
closing registrations now, would be pointless, the user-base is larger than it was 2 months ago when a group of members pleaded with bros to close registrations, instead they toyed with the idea of kicking off members from mining based on lottery, fast forward to two months later, and they are having worker count issues, the likes of which wouldn't have been as big of an issue if registrations were closed before the inrush of newbies with just delivered L3 batches. this is what i was referring to with my above post, quoted:
GregoryGHarding wrote:remember back a month or two ago when we pleaded with you guys to close registrations?
coinzcoinzcoinz

Post by coinzcoinzcoinz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Yep thats exactly what I have done.