Does prohash have a backup pool?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
waynesworld

Re: Does prohash have a backup pool?

Post by waynesworld » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 am

Yeah I meant to phrase it differently.. I have backup shit set up Its just not near as profitable! Dont know whats worse... steady shitty payouts or site glitches, downtime etc.
Aura89

Re: Does prohash have a backup pool?

Post by Aura89 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:05 am

coinzcoinzcoinz wrote:correct me if I am wrong but the earning by miners today is over $124,000. 5% of that is $6200. Thats in a day, they should be able to easily afford such infrastructure. And if that $124,000 figure is after they have taken the 5% cut then they are earning even more than my figures.
You're not taking into consideration that the 5% fees covers conversion fees and etc. All 5% does not go into their pockets to pay for additional features for the website. Not only that, but the more someone eats into their profits, the less they make. This is only beneficial if whatever additional cost they put into the system nets them more customers, which there really is no guarantee a backup pool would. It might make some miners stay when they would have otherwise left, but those are a very small amount, and that amount would have to match the expensive, or be above it.

The only other way to do it, would be to increase their percentage take to cover the additional fees.