Double payment of bitconnectcoins

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
georgiaturtle

Re: Double payment of bitconnectcoins

Post by georgiaturtle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:13 am

In looking at this further, I appear to be penalized the price of BCC at today's price versus the price it was on the date of the double payment. That means I'll pay back more than I was able to trade BCC at when it was overpaid. Will this be addressed?
wisdomofsol

Post by wisdomofsol » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:37 pm

I might have been over paid 1 BCC token in total during the month of august. at that time BCC payout was about 1 BCC per GH/s per day.

now it takes 5 days of mining with 1.2 GH/s to get that same 1 BCC token.

basically i've got to mine for 5 days to repay maybe what would have been 1 day of mining combined to get to 1 BCC per GH/s?? ( i dont think i ever had BCC payouts at 100%)

can we compromise and figure something else out. I only started mining on the 3rd of August and honestly hadn't the slightest clue of the mishap.

i dont want any bad karma, but I am really not in a position where i can mine for you guys for 5 days :oops:

still a fan, and feel for your loss, but please change my BCC balance to something a little more manageable and I'll throw a percentage that is manageable towards it. (I'm hoping for -0.2 ish)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:49 pm

I told Chris to adjust these payments so that they are dollar-based, not coin-based.

That way, people who sold their bitconnectcoins won't be penalized if the dollar value declined (I don't know whether it did or not.)
Darklyspectre

Post by Darklyspectre » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Unlike some others I will not be as nice.

So because YOUR system fucked up, people have to just accept letting their miners work to fix your mistake?

What a god damn rip off scam thing to do. Its YOUR problem not the miner's. You incompetent donkeys.

If this was a one time thing that got fixed instantly and didn't make people have to perhaps spend days mining just pay back the "debt". That would of been fine but you people are going back to damn APRIL. Like jesus christ.

God damn thieves. that is what this is.

Down time. instability that is all shitty but acceptable in a way but this? Making people pay to fix the mistakes your crap has caused is theft.

I am done with you brothers. You people have been driving your damn pool in the ground over and over. This is theft

People shouldn't have to pay back them anything. its the mistake of THEIR system not OUR fault. We have no obligation to pay for their mistakes.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

As far as I know, Chris has now finished with this issue. He just credited the difference in value of bitconnectcoins between the dates of the double payments and now, because miners shouldn't be expected to pay back the same number of coins despite the coins being more valuable.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:43 am

Darklyspectre wrote:Unlike some others I will not be as nice.

So because YOUR system fucked up, people have to just accept letting their miners work to fix your mistake?

What a god damn rip off scam thing to do. Its YOUR problem not the miner's. You incompetent donkeys.

If this was a one time thing that got fixed instantly and didn't make people have to perhaps spend days mining just pay back the "debt". That would of been fine but you people are going back to damn APRIL. Like jesus christ.

God damn thieves. that is what this is.

Down time. instability that is all shitty but acceptable in a way but this? Making people pay to fix the mistakes your crap has caused is theft.

I am done with you brothers. You people have been driving your damn pool in the ground over and over. This is theft

People shouldn't have to pay back them anything. its the mistake of THEIR system not OUR fault. We have no obligation to pay for their mistakes.
While I understand that you are disappointed, I think that it should be made clear to everyone reading this thread that you failed to report the double payments at the time they occurred, nor did you offer to correct the mistake despite the problem occurring five times. It is possible that, rather than agreeing with you, some would view your failure to return the coins you did not earn as theft, not the other way around. Had you submitted a ticket notifying us of the mistake, you would have been allowed to retain the payments in return for your honesty and also received a reward.

Chris made corrections to ensure that people are only expected to return the value they were overpaid, not the coins they were overpaid. I'm sorry to see that you've decided to leave, and hopefully you'll return in the future.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:45 am

wisdomofsol wrote:I might have been over paid 1 BCC token in total during the month of august. at that time BCC payout was about 1 BCC per GH/s per day.

now it takes 5 days of mining with 1.2 GH/s to get that same 1 BCC token.

basically i've got to mine for 5 days to repay maybe what would have been 1 day of mining combined to get to 1 BCC per GH/s?? ( i dont think i ever had BCC payouts at 100%)

can we compromise and figure something else out. I only started mining on the 3rd of August and honestly hadn't the slightest clue of the mishap.

i dont want any bad karma, but I am really not in a position where i can mine for you guys for 5 days :oops:

still a fan, and feel for your loss, but please change my BCC balance to something a little more manageable and I'll throw a percentage that is manageable towards it. (I'm hoping for -0.2 ish)
This issue was corrected. Chris credited miners with more coins so that they are only expected to return the value, not the number of coins.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Code: Select all

Error policy
In order to remain ahead of the competition, Prohashing pursues an aggressive development schedule. Unfortunately, sometimes bugs occur that affect balances. The following policy governs what happens when errors are discovered in balances.

If you are mining correctly and the pool's software incorrectly credits you with too much money, we will pay you the average earnings for that day plus an additional 15% as an apology for the times that the earnings were incorrect.

If you are mining correctly and the pool's software incorrectly credits you with too little money, you will be paid your proportion of the actual earnings of the day during that period.
While I think the 2 scenarios above are actually reversed, the people earning LESS than they should have are the ones to get the full balance owed + the 15% and the ones overpaid should just get what they were due, the way you have it now is....

These people who were mining correctly, and were overpaid in BBC are now due 15% more so they only have to repay 85% now?
Just curious, why the folks who were getting paid extra merged mining back in early september were never made to pay that overpayment back?
Was that due to the fact that some people used NH to mine those coins and spent real money, so making them pay it back was asking too much or something? Is it not reasonable that some of the BCC coins were also mined by users who also spent money to mine with NH?

There really needs to be a TIME LIMIT on this policy. Either the users or the pool should NOT be allowed to come back over 90/60/30 days or so and ask for payments one way or the other.

Myself anymore I know the coins are coming in, so I only check my main wallet 1 time a week. Had I gotten a double payment, even 5 times, checking it but 1 time a week, likely I never would have ever seen a double payment. If I checked them daily Im sure 2 payments that were doubled may have been noticed, but now that I check it on a weekend, likely would have just seen $3,000 land in my wallet. Had it been $3300 for the week instead, not sure I would have blinked or looked, just assumed prices spiked for 1 or 2 days the last week.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:50 am

delete
wisdomofsol

Post by wisdomofsol » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:53 am

i know this is old but im still showing a negative $200 balance on bitconnectcoin.