Double payment of bitconnectcoins

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Double payment of bitconnectcoins

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:01 pm

There was a double payment of bitconnectcoins a few days ago, thanks to a bug. Earlier this afternoon, Chris reversed the payments and now some customers owe a debt to the pool. The losses were around a few thousand dollars and are displayed as negative balances in bitconnectcoins. Chris isn't going to spend time trying to go after people who avoid mining back the debt. We trust that most customers want to see that the pool is successful and will mine their fair share until they have zeroed their balances. Those who choose not to will have to live with how that choice affects their own morality.

Thanks for your understanding and we apologize for this issue. The customer who reported the problem was allowed to retain his double payment as a reward, to encourage customers to promptly notice and bring issues to our attention. We plan to continue issuing rewards for payout errors and will also provide rewards for security vulnerabilities, if any are ever discovered.
wisdomofsol

Re: Double payment of bitconnectcoins

Post by wisdomofsol » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:55 pm

While I'm sorry to hear of the mistake, I'm positive that my Bitconnectcoin balance has been overcorrected. I'm currently showing a balance of (-0.986 BCC) but have not received a corresponding deposit to the address on file.

I am more than willing to repay my debt to the pool, however I estimate that its much closer to $5 worth of bitconnect coin. As I only have 2 L3+ connected to the pool, its unlikely that I earned half of a BCC token in a day to qualify for a double payment reversal of a whole bitconnectcoin.

this might mean that other accounts may be similarly affected.

Again, thanks for all the work on behalf of the pool

cheers
NullProto

Post by NullProto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

I went to look at my BCC balance and my wallet. I agree with the over-correction. It looks like a 10x over-correction. I see only 1 double payment, it was for 0.0197001BCC on 10/21 in my case. After an undetermined amount of mining today, I still owe the pool 0.19541527.

Please investigate.
-NP
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:17 pm

I'll ask Chris to investigate your two issues and get back to you soon.
Justmining254

Post by Justmining254 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Yes I agree taking way too much back.
georgiaturtle

Post by georgiaturtle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 pm

When was a few days ago? Was this for people with payout in Bitconnectcoin, or solo miners of Bitconnectcoin. I've been mining PPS with payout in LTC and got hit with a -1.01133874 BitconnectCoin showing in live earnings which is about 3x more than I earn in a day on PH. Something is incorrect with the calculation.
In reviewing the payout activity since 10/18/2017 I do not see any double LTC payout nor do I see a Bitconnectcoin payout which is a coin I do not have selected for payout. Only LTC.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:07 pm

I want to clarify that Steve misspoke. The double payouts were not just for October 21 as Steve stated. There were also double payouts on April 26, June 11, August 4, August 17, and August 20 that are just now recorded into the database. Please check your payment history and you will see the payouts on those dates if you were one of the recipients of those double payouts.
NullProto

Post by NullProto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:27 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:I want to clarify that Steve misspoke. The double payouts were not just for October 21 as Steve stated. There were also double payouts on April 26, June 11, August 4, August 17, and August 20 that are just now recorded into the database. Please check your payment history and you will see the payouts on those dates if you were one of the recipients of those double payouts.
Thanks for the clarification. I went back in my wallet to those dates and sure enough I had double payments on the latter dates (prior I was taking no pay in BCC), so it all appears to add up. In my case, BCC is a very small percentage so I didn't even notice. I'll be happy to pay it back over time as my machines continue to mine.
georgiaturtle

Post by georgiaturtle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:00 am

Thanks Chris for the additional information. It was very helpful. I've checked those dates and see in fact I did receive two payments for the same amount on the same day of one of those dates.
Regards.
mjgraham

Post by mjgraham » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 am

I to did see the double payments I don't open my wallet but a couple times a month so I didn't notice. however and I may be looking at this wrong but the over payment values need to be adjusted, It costs a lot more to pay back a double payment of a value on April 26th when BCC was like $10 and it was a lot easier to earn than now when it is 20x more valuable .

Looking back I can account for them but if I take the value of BCC at the time and add it up would be about $52 dollars but now I owe basically $103