PH admin's need to do something to make less share stale and less rejected hashrate in this present.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mickeekung

PH admin's need to do something to make less share stale and less rejected hashrate in this present.

Post by mickeekung » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:14 am

Because many users report in the chat box that they've got low Average mining efficiency and they've lost their income because of this, please do something to down share stale. PH is more profit than Nicehash and other pool but share stale is consume lots of income.

Thanks

Edit:profit>>>>income
Last edited by mickeekung on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=8945

https://www.cryptomining.farm/signup/?referrer=59E0E92B882D
Aura89

Re: PH admin's need to do something to make less share stale and less rejected hashrate in this present.

Post by Aura89 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:24 am

I still can't fathom this line of thinking.

If prohashing is more profitable then other places, even WITH the stale and reject rate being higher then those other places, then what is there to complain about? This makebelieve loss?

You can't lose profit if you're making more then you would elsewhere.

That'd be like saying, if there was a pool that you made 4 times as much as anywhere else out there, but had a 25% efficiency rating, that somehow compared to other pools that have a 95%+ rating, then somehow you'd be "losing profit". Even though you'd be making 4 times as much, all because of an efficiency rating that literally does not tell you your profits?

I'm not saying that a better efficiency rating, more often then not, wouldn't be good. But that doesn't somehow mean i'm "losing profits". You can only lose profits if you have something to compare it to that you would be making MORE from because of the difference in efficiency.

Prohashing is the most profitable pool that i can find, which means there is literally no way for me to complain about a loss in profits, since i can't go elsewhere and make the same profits i am making here.

So unless there is another pool you know about that you would make more at, then what's the point? There is none, except to complain that you want more, and more, and more, and more.

I guarantee you, that if a pool had a 25% efficiency rating, yet somehow paid you 4 times what you would make anywhere else, there would not be any complaining about that meaningless 25% efficiency rating, except for people who don't, somehow, understand that they are still getting MORE then they could elsewhere.

Whatever is "lost profit" that people keep talking about is made up in their head because they are paying attention to something that doesn't have to do with anything when compared to other pools they could go to. Go elsewhere, make less, if it's that big of a deal.
mickeekung

Re: PH admin's need to do something to make less share stale and less rejected hashrate in this present.

Post by mickeekung » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 am

@Aura89 Sorry if I use wrong word. I'm meaning that profit is income. I just confused.
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 am

Mick I agree it would be nice if it were higher payouts. More money is always better.
Aura was just saying that its not LOST INCOME. To be LOST it has to have sometime to be LOST compared to something that is FOUND.

If there are 2 places and if they both run at 100% they pay the same, and this place was down 25%, THEN this place would have lost profits/income compared to another place. But if there is another place that when it is running at 100% and prohash is running 25% down and you can make more at the other place, then it shouldn't be LOST profits, you should go there and mine there if you know of such a place. But if you don't know of another pool where a higher profit can be FOUND then there isn't a place to compare so there is nothing LOST on here.
mickeekung

Post by mickeekung » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 am

@AppleMiner Thanks. I agree with you that PH is the best profit pool to mine. I just need Chris and Steve to resolve share stales problem.

GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 am

I won't sit here and say that stale shares have been high for me, because they aren't.. however they are consistent over other pools. So there is something that needs to be tweaked, it's a needle in a haystack situation.. but I want to reinforce.. the stales aren't high.. just consistently over other pools I've tested. Id say.. MAYBE 5%.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 am

I'm a big fan of PH. Love the product and want it to succeed.

However, I do make less on PH than NH. I think this is due to the stale shares. I run 95-98% efficiency on PH and 99.5-100% on NH.

The net effect is I make about $50-$80 dollars more per-day on NH than PH. I'm a little unique because of my hashing power, but the reality is the stale share issue may be causing lost profitability.

However - I have to concede it may not be the stale shares, and might be that NH is just a better algorithm right now.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:44 am

isn't it just a major flaw of BCC (bitconnect)?

see average orphans for example: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcc/#!extraction
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Lately I have been seeing a jump in stale and rejected shares. The question I have is if this is a product of high latency between where my miner is located and where the PH servers are located?