Zeus miners configuration

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
th3dark

Zeus miners configuration

Post by th3dark » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello fellow miners. This is my first post so bear with me.

I own a Zeus X3 Thunder currently running at approx. 33 MH/s and one Zeus X6 Lightning currently running at approx. 49 MH/s.
Both are in a A/C computer room and get their power from an online UPS. I use the cgminer 4.3.5.scrypt2 mining software. These miners where mining in litecoinpool.org since day one and finally I switched them to prohashing.com.

I have noticed that after a day or two they start to get a lot of rejected shares and never come out of sending bad shares loop. If I close cginer and reopen it they continue normally again for a day or two and then the whole story from the beginning.
I never had any issue with my current config in litecoinpool.org. They where always rock solid and have close to 0 HW errors. I use the same configuration in both of them.
The configuration is as follows:

X6
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnusb -u th3dark -p d=4096 -S //./COM7 --zeus-chips 256 --zeus-clock 260 --zeus-nocheck-golden

X3
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnusb -u th3dark -p d=2048 -S //./COM8 --zeus-chips 128 --zeus-clock 350 --zeus-nocheck-golden

Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:59 pm

remove /#xnsub
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

I would also recommend to play with clockspeed (lower till stable, my zeusminers were always perfect on one certain number, for me 342, on 343 or 341, it would do so much worse)
th3dark

Post by th3dark » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:remove /#xnsub
I'll give it a try thank you.
micca410evo wrote:Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

I would also recommend to play with clockspeed (lower till stable, my zeusminers were always perfect on one certain number, for me 342, on 343 or 341, it would do so much worse)
Can you direct me to dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner because I can't seem to find it. As for the clock speed I did a lot of trial and error while setting them up some years ago and that was their optimal frequency. Don't forget that the conditions "they live in" are optimal in aspects of the electricity quality they get and room temperature. I will definitely have a look on minera. I don't know how it works exactly but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

Thank you for your help.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 pm

th3dark wrote:
micca410evo wrote:Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

Can you direct me to dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner because I can't seem to find it. As for the clock speed I did a lot of trial and error while setting them up some years ago and that was their optimal frequency. Don't forget that the conditions "they live in" are optimal in aspects of the electricity quality they get and room temperature. I will definitely have a look on minera. I don't know how it works exactly but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

Thank you for your help.
It is build in, in Minera, you can get a rasp-pi image directly, flash it and you have a working system

https://github.com/getminera/minera/wik ... ng-started
th3dark

Post by th3dark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:05 am

micca410evo wrote:
th3dark wrote:

Thank you for your help.
It is build in, in Minera, you can get a rasp-pi image directly, flash it and you have a working system

Ok I'll purchase one raspberry pi and flash the image. I currently have both miners in a windows system.

Thank you again for your help.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am

th3dark wrote:
micca410evo wrote:
th3dark wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Ok I'll purchase one raspberry pi and flash the image. I currently have both miners in a windows system.

Thank you again for your help.

Ok good, let me know if you run into trouble.
kierre

Post by kierre » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:55 am

HI people i've just bought 6x zeus thunder x3's please help me set them up. not bothered about profitability just want them up and running all help appreciated
spauk

Post by spauk » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:59 pm

you need to install the drivers for the usb chip from here (just the CP210x windows drivers should work if you're using windows, don't need the universal or serial enumerator versions):
https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-t ... cp-drivers
and it's hard to get good software for zeus miners because there is no support for them, but there's still some miners out there. they're so old, i don't think they support segregated witness or extranonce subscribe, if that's even relevant for miners (might be a server side thing).
your options are cgminer or bfgminer. I prefer bfgminer 4.2, but newer versions of bfgminer might also work if they included zeus/GAWminer support. but you can look around and try different miner programs. here's a link for some bfgminer with zeus support:
https://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/bfgminer-zeusminer/
after you've installed the drivers and restarted your computer, turn the miners on and make sure they're all connected properly. they should show up in device manager if they're working correctly, and use the COM port numbers in the startup script. i could probably help more if you need it, but i think i've spent enough time on this already.
with that said i think it's probably a bad idea to mine with zeus thunder x3 unless you somehow have tons of free power. also keep in mind they are very power hungry machines, and you should avoid running them on 120 volt power using regular atx power supplies because they can consume a lot of power at higher clock speeds (upwards of 1 KW per miner, most common 120 volt circuits in the home can only handle a couple of these on a single outlet or branch of the home's electrical grid, and that's pushing it) so you probably want to run a server power supply on 220-240V and make sure the power supply has some head room because you don't want to max out the power supply all the time or it will run inefficiently and eventually burn out, sometimes literally. Use the 8 pin connectors if you can, I've seen 6 pin pci-e connectors burn because they consume so much power, or the connection wasn't good.
keep a fire extinguisher nearby, stay safe!