Balances not updated on morning of October 10

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Balances not updated on morning of October 10

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:47 am

Hi everyone,

As a few of you have already noticed, for about three hours this morning there were no balance updates. I am aware of the issue, and there is no need to create additional support tickets about it.

Our database experienced an integer overflow for miner balances. We had our 4,294,967,295th miner balance update, and the database could no longer insert additional updates. I expanded the column to a 64-bit integer and solved the issue. I thought I had expanded to 64-bit integers in all our tables a while ago, but it seems that this column was forgotten. I checked our database and confirmed that there are no other columns that will cause similar issues in the future.

Unfortunately, as a result of the overflow, the balances earned during that time were not recorded. As standard procedure, I will be crediting all miners for the missing time plus a bonus 15%, and I will have that credit applied by this evening. I will update this post when the credit is applied; until you see an update here, your balances have not yet been updated.

I apologize again for the issue.

-Chris
mycide

Re: Share corrections for downtime

Post by mycide » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:50 am

I'm still waiting for my single Novacoin block that i mined on October 8 at 1:15:41 PM, block number 370972 Please correct thank you!
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
waiyuen

Re: Balances not updated on morning of October 10

Post by waiyuen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:08 am

I rented hashrate from nicehash.com and I lost 0.07 BTC :(

sad sad sad.
SAPilot

Post by SAPilot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:49 am

Hi Chris,
Thank you for the update.
Kind regards,
mousehouse

Post by mousehouse » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:03 am

Thanks for the update, good to see it sorted. Stuff happens and to me it's worse when mining is affected.
Camey

Post by Camey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 am

Hi Steve, do we get any credit if we were solo mining during this period?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 am

Camey wrote:Hi Steve, do we get any credit if we were solo mining during this period?
If you found blocks during the period before then, then yes. If you were unlucky, then your poor luck would be extrapolated into the lost shares period.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 am

waiyuen wrote:I rented hashrate from nicehash.com and I lost 0.07 BTC :(

sad sad sad.
Why did you lose money? With the extra 15%, anyone who rented hashrate will almost certainly have made a profit.
darksidejungle

Post by darksidejungle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 am

This seems a great resolution. I'm now in the process of moving all my miners from hash-to-coins.com to this pool. Yesterday my miners where hashing there for 12 hours for nothing with absolutely no resolution, transparency or support. People just want a pool where there's no need to worry. This looks like the place to be.
Camey

Post by Camey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Camey wrote:Hi Steve, do we get any credit if we were solo mining during this period?
If you found blocks during the period before then, then yes. If you were unlucky, then your poor luck would be extrapolated into the lost shares period.
What time period do you consider the "period before"?