Terrible Reject Rate

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ikehoff

Terrible Reject Rate

Post by ikehoff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Hey guys, been mining here for about a week with great results and I just noticed my hashrate taking a dump. Any word why?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Terrible Reject Rate

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey ike,

I looked into the issue, and this seems to be a result of duplicate shares. Everyone is having this problem. The reason is that some coins are becoming very volatile on Cryptsy today. The pool is switching back and forth between the coins in an attempt to make the most money, but the switches are happening so quickly that a new block hasn't been started in the meantime.

I fixed this bug last week, but because we still cannot get our hands on an ASIC to test our new code, we haven't released the fix. We got scammed by two separate sellers this week alone, delaying the project four days, and another person decided not to sell.

I'm going to instruct Chris to go to the August 31 code in about two hours. He needs to take the site down for a few minutes to fix a malfunctioning router anyway, so when he brings it back up, we'll release that untested code and it should fix the problem (but may cause other issues). Check back in about three hours and we'll see how this fix works.

We apologize for the issue. This is one of the reasons we don't want to expand until we can finally obtain some scrypt ASICs.
ikehoff

Post by ikehoff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:30 pm

For what it's worth....I'm willing to point my Black Widow at your test server for a few days. Not sure if that's even possible with your setup.

And thanks for the quick response!
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 pm

I just changed to the August 31 code on the mining server. Hopefully that should improve the duplicate shares.

Ikehoff, thank your for your offer. However, we already have have another person who will be doing this for us over the weekend, so we do not need your assistance right now.

Steve, we also didn't get scammed by the second ASIC seller (at least not that I know of). He has shipped the miners and provided a tracking number.