Chris working on issue

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Aura89

Re: Chris working on issue

Post by Aura89 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 pm

dog1965 wrote:
You mean more bugs again then you say the system has no bugs I mean come on if the system is not working correctly as intended that means it has bugs any colledge grad knows that,
Every single system in the world has bugs. Every single software in the world has bugs. Bugs will always be there, even if you believe you have gotten all the bugs you are AWARE of.

Also, you seem to be one of the more ungrateful rude people on prohashing, why is that?
dog1965 wrote:A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. ... A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy (defective). I think there program is very buggy and needs an overhaul.

Do you know how to program? No? Then i'd say stop talking about stuff you know nothing about. Or, you do? Then i'd say go make your own software if you seem to think it's so easy.

Until you are in any programmers shoes doing their exact job, you have literally no business saying what they should or should not do, and when it should be done or expected.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Stop being a kiss ass lol. and bugs are bugs bottom line weather you like it or not I am not disrespecting anyone by stating the truth moron see you. also you need to look of the defenition of the word programing bugs google it fool that tells me right there you dont know how to program. I think your brain has a bug lol.

Until you are in any programmers shoes doing their exact job, you have literally no business saying what they should or should not do, and when it should be done or expected. oh yea by the way free country freedom of speech to moron again.
Last edited by dog1965 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:58 pm

guys, that's enough, there's no need for arguing
Harrison

Post by Harrison » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:09 am

I just couldn’t leave this comment be. You don’t need to be a software developer/programmer to know when someone (including the dev or architect) is wrong. You also don’t need to be a dev to understand how long a fix should take or to identify the issue (although it would help since some things are extremely intertwined, but that’s generally due to poor design to begin with - based on the speed the PH team reacts to things here, I doubt that poor design is an issue, they generally fix things pretty quickly). Sometimes the issue itself can be speed, I’ve worked with plenty of devs who make careless errors because they are attempting to correct something too quickly, and honestly, we’ve probably all been there at one point or another. With PH, when something is down, not only are they losing money, but they also risk losing customers if they don’t get back up and running (and potentially risk losing their customers money if they don’t have a backup pool). For reasons like this, it can be easy for someone to miss something, especially when the main focus is getting it to work again (and based on the speed of the fixes, I doubt they do full testing/code walkthrough, which 9/10 times we are all probably thankful for, but occasionally it will introduce bugs or will miss some external system change, which it sounds like may have been the issue here). I’m sure we can all agree that they don’t introduce bugs or have issues come up on purpose.

Also, not every single system in this world has bugs, most likely bugs will be introduced to a system over time, but there are some pretty basic systems out there with simple yes no outputs depending on single inputs. I get that you are trying to defend the prohashing team, I understand that since they work extremely hard and are very community focused, but sometimes shit happens, and starting a flame war due to someone being upset for losing money is a bit far, especially when what you said isn’t entirely accurate.

Also, also, not everyone that knows how to program wants to program or spend the time building a system as complex as the PH system. I’m sure they have plenty of devs as customers that wouldn’t for a second want to build their own system. It’s not easy, it’s not easy to maintain, and it’s not easy to capture new users via a new/untrusted service, and honestly, some might not even be able to build something as complex as their system - they have a lot of moving parts. (Plus I’ve heard Steve mention Chris being up for 30+ hours straight multiple times, so let’s just be thankful that’s not our job)
Aura89 wrote:
dog1965 wrote:
You mean more bugs again then you say the system has no bugs I mean come on if the system is not working correctly as intended that means it has bugs any colledge grad knows that,
Every single system in the world has bugs. Every single software in the world has bugs. Bugs will always be there, even if you believe you have gotten all the bugs you are AWARE of.

Also, you seem to be one of the more ungrateful rude people on prohashing, why is that?
dog1965 wrote:A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. ... A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy (defective). I think there program is very buggy and needs an overhaul.

Do you know how to program? No? Then i'd say stop talking about stuff you know nothing about. Or, you do? Then i'd say go make your own software if you seem to think it's so easy.

Until you are in any programmers shoes doing their exact job, you have literally no business saying what they should or should not do, and when it should be done or expected.
centar

Post by centar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:52 am

dog1965 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:Chris is working on an issue that appeared suddenly last night. For an unknown reason, the share inserters get behind almost immediately after startup. The issue started this morning despite making no changes.

So far, we have been unable to determine the cause of the problem. Chris will keep everyone updated with his progress on troubleshooting once more information becomes available.

TIL you need to be a college grad to recognize when a system is not working correctly...
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 am

No If you read what I said correctly I said "ANY COLLEDGE GRAD KNOWS THAT" I never said you had to be one did I.
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:10 am

hard to sound smart when you keep typing "colledge"....
maybe you should have gone to COLLEGE
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:51 am

@Steve have the share corrections been issued yet?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am

There are some interesting comments here that I want to reply to, but can't reply until the end of the day. I'll come back here in 8 hours. For now, all the corrections have been issued, and users affected were given the usual 15% bonus, and this issue should now be resolved.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 am

Jakeg5280 wrote:hard to sound smart when you keep typing "colledge"....
maybe you should have gone to COLLEGE
or maybe if I wanted to here from an assole I will fart.