What's the policy on days like today?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Raietzu

What's the policy on days like today?

Post by Raietzu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:51 pm

So I've started mining recently and this seemed like the best pool. I realize today something went wrong and the pool was down for a bit or whatever. I'm wondering what the compensation policy is for days like these? From what I understand from lurking this isn't an extremely rare occurence and if the shares are processed retroactively then I guess I made this thread for nothing, but I'm just curious atm. Afaik my miner has been running and mining pretty much all day and the website is janky atm so it's hard to figure it out for myself. I understand some of the basics, the algorithm we are running is absolutely fucking fantastic and I figure it's better for everyone to just let it run its course (which is what I do, no password arguments or whatever, you guys understand this stuff better than I do). Obviously I have a fairly high level of trust in prohashing which is why I don't redirect my miner to alternate pools, but my question is mostly, should I? Afaik 27-29 there were rewards for essentially 'staying loyal' and while I tried to figure it out for myself, I can't for the life of me decide when this is the case and when it isn't. I monitor my miner fairly closely as it was a pretty big investment and thus I kinda want to know what the exact policy is for situations like this, when the pool goes down, when something is wrong with the pool, downtime out of necessity, etc. Just so I can decide if and/or when I should direct my miner to an alternate source of income. I could probably find out by digging through a veritable shitton of past threads and such but I figured why not ask you guys instead?

Thanks in advance and it's a very nice pool you have set up here! :)
Aura89

Re: What's the policy on days like today?

Post by Aura89 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:43 pm

From what i've seen:

If the pool itself is simply down, you will not get any additional coins for the pool being down, as you should have a backup, if not two backups in your miner, and your "lost" coins will have been made up wherever your backup is.

If the pool is not working correctly, and/or not giving people what they should be making, they give you (at a later time, from what i've seen within 2 days, but could be longer for all i know) what you should have made, and possibly +15% (which really means everyone made more, which is funny because people complain there was a problem when they make more because of it...)
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 pm

you are not re-reimbursed for time not mining here whether its due to pool issues or miner issues.

if you've submitted shares and were not credited during downtime, those shares will be credited.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:05 pm

So as long as I was connected here and it showed a hashrate above the miner I will get paid for this whole day today?

Other than the time the web page went offline and the times pool restarted or kicked everyone. It did go to the backup pool but only for a few submissions then back to here when it became ALIVE again on the miner page.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:12 pm

AppleMiner wrote:So as long as I was connected here and it showed a hashrate above the miner I will get paid for this whole day today?

Other than the time the web page went offline and the times pool restarted or kicked everyone. It did go to the backup pool but only for a few submissions then back to here when it became ALIVE again on the miner page.
if...IF your miner was submitting shares to the server, you have/will receive credit for that... the timers on the website mean nothing because their controlled browser side and not server side.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:40 pm

How can we tell when it says last share processed 3 hours ago?
Did those shares all get counted at some point?
Or just hours of missing time that wont get paid?